Chapter 12.

" Catherine, talk to me please." I hear Mica say behind me.

" How do I explain to my daughter what I did to her grandfather?" I say, looking through the glass at my baby, who has so many tubes connected to her.

He sighs.

" Catherine, don't do this."

I move away from the window and walk over to take a seat on one of the chairs. He follows me, kneeling infront of me and resting his hands on either side of my legs.

" Belle, look at me." He says but I feel myself disappearing into my thoughts to comply.

I blink twice when I feel him take my hands in his. I look down at him.

" He is not dead, do you hear me, he is not dead."

" I might as well had done it, with how I handled things."

" You saved him."

" I placed him in a coma." I argue, letting out the reality that faces us now. " I - I don't know what I will do if he either loses more of his memory or worse, end up -"

" He wont."

" Mica -"

" Life wont be so cruel to take him from you again." He says, kissing my hands.

I lean down to rest my forehead against his.

" We need to be present with our Ulana. We need to be strong for our baby." I say, reminding myself.

He nods against my forehead.

' Alpha, Luna' Hearing the call through the mindlink, we break apart.

We both rise to our feet, facing one of our pack doctors, who I'd asked for earlier. I trust her eye on Ulana as she needs more than human care. The doctors here will not understand the true depth of what's happening to Ulana.

" Doctor Gomez." Mica nods her way.

" Thank you for trusting me with your daughter's life. " She says.

We both nod.

" I trust that you have assessed everything." I speak up.

" Yes. You can see her now."

' Our discussion needs some privacy.' She adds through the mindlink.

We follow after her. My heart jumps as we near her room, feeling anxious to make physical contact with my daughter. We are instructed to wash and sanitise our hands, before we enter, this being done for precaution.

My feet move on their own, quickening in their steps as I rush inside, wanting to be within reach with my baby. The sight of her in that incubator, machines stuck to her pains me. She is breathing yet her chest moves uneasily.

My baby, I'm so sorry.

I reach out my hand to touch the glass, feeling my eyes welling up. I just wish just once that she opens her eyes and look at me. My precious.

" I have never seen anything like this." Doctor Gomez mumbles, making me to look up at her.

She spoke without thinking, I sense it. She is in amazement of how Ulana is still alive after all this time.

" Tell us something doctor." Mica speaks up.

I can feel him near impatience, wanting to know everything.

" The doctors here believe it's some rare infection and are running some tests. That's why they have not let her out yet and believe she is safe here."