Chapter 2.

" Do you think this is best, right now?" Kylie asks.

I don't speak with words but my eyes.

We have gathered in the alpha's office and news of me leaving have reached the pack. I know that many may see different and others may assume but my need for this, overshadows the opinion of people. My Ulana comes first right now but never, will I ever place the pack at the least of my worries. They are my people just as much as they are Mica's.

I had taken an oath and placed dedication and commitment towards them, at their feet, but they need to understand that I'm no longer a Luna alone but I am also a mother. My baby needs me more. She needs me.

" Y-you can't just abandon my brother like this!" Kylie argues.

" She is not abandoning anyone." Cara says, defending me.

" Then what do you call what she's doing right now?" Kylie asks, her brow raised in question.

" Making a motherly decision." Mica's voice comes through, from where he stands, which is at the doorway.

He enters along with Travis and Evan.

The silence in the room is tense and I know that my decision has caused this.

I sigh before speaking up.

" I will not try sugarcoat or try make you understand anything. Me leaving was not a decision that I took lightly but I need to do this. "

"But what about the needs of your mate huh?....Mates need each other, especially at a time like this. You know this." Kylie says.

" Yes, all of us who are present here, know this. We acknowledge this and have accepted it, but do any of you, know the needs of Ulana?" Heads hang low at my words.

My throat tightens when I think about my baby.

" Does anyone here know the feeling of mates needing their pup?" When none answer, I take a breath before turning to face Mica.

" When I had entered into your lives, you knew me different and my ways, have never failed to be different. You have acknowledged me to be like no other and therefore today, I see no reason for your minds to change." I say this, all the while staring into my mate's eyes.

A long moment of silence takes over and I know that everyone is swallowing up my words now. After what seems like a long time, Mica, without breaking eye contact, asks everyone to excuse us.

People head out without another word, leaving Mica and I alone.

" I need my mate close." He says.

I walk on over to him, where he is seated on his leather chair. I lean on the table, facing him but remaining close. " It's better to be open and transparent. Things should not be hidden, especially now."

" I was in a room full of mixed emotions but they have accepted their Luna's decision."

" Even though many at heart, hold so much question. Others wonder about the nature of our matebond and our fate."

" Catherine...." He sighs, pulling me to sit on his lap. " Not everyone will understand you and that's okay because what matters, is what I think and believe."

" I've always been misunderstood Mica, I've grown up to this knowledge. I can handle questioning, it's been thrown my way all my life but to not have my baby with me, that I can't live with." I choke on my words, feeling the sting of tears at the corners of my eyes.

" We will find her. I don't care how long it takes or what I have to do to find her, but she will be back where she belongs. I promise."

Not having any words, I rest my head against his own, closing my eyes.