Chapter 4.

Her whimpers feel like music to my ears. She has made a sound as I snuggle her into me, giving her my warmth and wanting more than anything to let her feed off my warmth.

I haven't been able to let go of her, because I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she is here, in my arms. Not only that, my father is here, he has returned, with my baby.

Everything is a bit too much but I am basking into the joyful feeling of having my baby with me. He hasn't said anything apart from outside, when I stepped closer to him and he called out my name. Breathing almost felt near impossible and I knew that I had to get ahold of myself, in order to make the next step.

I was worried when he called Ulana by my name. At some point he had hallucinated and thought that she was me. I had to call him and help him see me and not me in my daughter for a while. He looked so vulnerable and almost broke down when he realized that I had grown up so much, that now I stood infront of him as a young woman.

I could sense his protection grow a tad bit, when everything clicked in him that who he held in his arms, was his granddaughter. Handing her over to me was a bit challenging because of the attachment he had on her. I sensed it to be really strong.

Taking her into my arms felt like I was complete once again and warmth replaced the cold, that had started to hold me hostage. I went through a mixture of emotions tonight and I am still, as I sit in my room, laid back onto the headboard with my baby resting on my chest.

Nana almost had a heart attack due to seeing my father and more so Ulana in my arms. I had to be strong for everyone as the level of vulnerability in the room was too high. Thankfully my grandmother pulled herself together and took charge of the whole situation, giving me room to focus on my baby.

I couldn't fall asleep after what had happened, Ulana being in my arms once again gave me reason to not even close my eyes. Two or so hours have passed and we'd had Ulana and dad taken care off, all fed, bathed and warm.

When she opened her beautiful eyes and stared up at me, that almost brought me to my knees. The best for me was when I had my nose nuzzled against hers and again, she never failed to make my heart to flip as that smile touched her pure face. I had no trouble feeding her as nature took its course and like the first time, I had the priviledge of providing for my baby.

Now she is asleep and comfy, right where she belongs yet how much she has been sleeping, truly puts trouble to my heart. The knock on my bedroom door pulls me out of my staring. Nana enters into the room with a few things in hand.

" It's still an image I can't get out of my head. She's back in your arms my dear Catherine." She says, joining me on the bed.

I glance down to my baby, lightly tracing my finger along her soft skin.

" I can't find it in me to tear my eyes away from her."

" It's only natural. "

" She's so beautiful." I murmur, taking her all in.

" Just like her mother." A soft smile takes over my face as I glance up at her.

We stare at each other for a moment, feeding off each other's relief and happiness but another part of us is concerned, when we think of my father.

" He's been through a lot. Years have passed dear and a great challenge awaits us." She says.

" He is lost and troubled but in Ulana, he feels home."

" Her presence is his safe haven. She is a part of you dear, that part is what kept him sane around her."

" Is he asleep?" I ask.