Chapter 11.

" No." He says.

I don't say anything but continue to stare at him.

" No Catherine, no." He takes a step back, turning his back to me.

" Mica -"

" I can't believe that you would consider this. We will have to find another way. I can't let you risk yourself like this, no mate of mine will endanger herself like this."

" Think about Ulana." I remind him.

" I am thinking about her. She needs her mother well and breathing, not hurt."

" Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on here?" Ronan says in confusion.

" You almost lost your heart at the hand of -"

" Oh shit." Ronan mutters behind me, finally catching on.

" Need I remind you of the results huh?......I almost lost you." Mica says.

" You almost didn't make it out alive. Risking it again would be foolish of us." Ronan says.

" For the first time, we have an agreement on something." Mica says to Ronan.

" My sister is involved, we are bound to be." Ronan responds.

I sigh, not wanting to get into this.

" There is no other option. We need for this to be done, Ulana's life depends on this. I am doing this for her and also papa, I can no longer be a witness to them being tormented, their hearts cannot be subjected to such poison any longer." I say.

Mica turns around to face me.

" Ulana's life comes before my own." I tell him, not giving him a chance to protest any longer.

The sound of my phone ringing interrupts us.

I pull it out of my pocket and answer it, this time putting it on loudspeaker.

" Tell me something Cara." I say.

" Luna it's Ulana. She's not looking good."

My eyes meet Mica's.

                                *****

I had done this once before and it was Mica then. His heart had not only been troubled but his whole being, had consumed the poisonous taunts of past memories. His heart had been darkened and his mind had been compressed by the tragic that had befallen his family.

He couldn't move on in life and lived in constant blame, hate and pain. His heart then, had no room for any other, no amount of goodness or love could win over in his life. I couldn't watch him go through the torture anymore, I had to intervene.

Like the last time, I have to intervene again now. This time it is my father, who has no knowledge of my true self and all the happenings in my life. Doing this now, will make it much more easier to explain who I am later on.

I take a much needed breath as I wait for him. I had called for him earlier and 5 minutes have passed. Mica couldn't be in his sight at the moment, due to my father being upset over the incident that occurred in our bedroom. My father might not have witnessed it but seeing me in that state, created a rather convincing image for him to remain upset until now.

" Catherine?"

I turn around to face him and already I can sense both his curiosity and concern, for this private meeting.

" Papa, I need for us to talk and this calls for some privacy." I tell him.

He nods. " Ofcourse, you know you can tell me anything."