Chapter 27

I had known that by the time I opened the door, it would never close again. I have given people access to me again and I know that it's only fair on my part, that I do not shut them out for too long. In such a state that I have been placed in, I still need to pull through and think of my people.

I need to think of my mate and his people, he worked so hard that the Mystic Range Pack, be known as it is today. I can't let so much hard work, such dedication and heart, tears and everything else put into it, wither away like the wind. No, I have to think of my mate in this instant.

I have bathed and freshened up yet I'm anything but, as I get ready to step out of the room to finally see people again, I let myself think of our people and that I need to continue for him. The ounce of strength I was able to find within, through time in that bathroom, as I thought of the kind of leader, I've been priviledged to  witness, I have been holding on to it.

I need to grip it tightly, in order to get through my first sense of communication with a few people. My senses are most vulnerable right now because of the state I'm in, not to mention the pain and burdens many I meet, will be carrying.

I'll need strength, alot of it. But for now, I'll hold onto what's available for me.

" My beautiful flower." Nana says, bringing the small mirror infront of me, so I can see myself but I hold out my hand, blocking my view.

She puts it away and I close my eyes for a moment, needing a little bit of time to ease myself into control before I head out.

" You don't need to do this now dear, you need time more then anyone else."

" My people need to hear from their Luna, we can't let silence stretch out for too long."

I see disagreement in her eyes yet she keeps silent, knowing that I wont change my mind on this. I might be Mica's mate, but I am also the packs Luna. They need to hear from me.

I touch her arm, looking her in the eyes and telling her that I'm finally heading out.

" Do you need me to -"

" I wont be long nana." I say, in other words telling her that I'll be okay.

I need to do something first and it needs my ears only, for now.

Papa is the first I meet in the hallway as I head to mine and Mica's office. His first instinct, I sense, is to pull me in his arms and shield me away from the world, but I shake my head slightly, pleading that he doesn't. The urge is strong but he fights against it, instead through me holding out my hands, I communicate what I prefer.

He steps forward and takes my hands in his, bringing them to his face and he kisses both of them.

" I know you mean well papa, but you must understand that at a time like this, we differ in how we do things."

If I were to utter the words space, they would hurt him. As a parent, he wants to comfort me and protect me but right now I speak in terms of being in the position of having lost a mate. He lost a mate, therefore with my words, he'll be able to hear me out clearly.

The look of understanding passes on his face and this relieves me.

" We are here, okay?.....Anytime."

I nod.

" I hear you papa." I say, adding my thank you through communication of my eyes.

" Luna?" I turn to Cara, who comes my way. " Beta Travis is on his way."

I nod before turning to papa.

" I have something to attend to now papa, we'll meet later okay?"

A troubled look passes through his eyes. " My Catherine, please don't disappear on us." He pleads.