Chapter 17

I am frozen in place due to the tension rolling off him in waves, his actions have surely captured everyone's attention, that the sound of footsteps, echoes in the house. A clear hear from our ears.

His eyes lock with mine, them telling me quite clearly that he wants to communicate with me. He needs me to hear his voice. Before I can do anything, Cara, Kylie and the female who had been the one to speak earlier, appear at the living room doorway. At first no one speaks but glance up at me before they move to the alpha.

" Oh Alpha, we didn't know you would be joining us. " The female perks up.

Mica frowns in confusion now.

" I will join you now ladies." I speak up, my voice authoritive.

My tone has surely made them to straighten up and they nod in submission. They head back to the living room, though I notice that female, who I am yet to learn her name, cast another glance at Mica, who has not teared his eyes away from me.

When the ladies are now out of view, I bite at my bottom lip when I look back down at Mica. I watch as he silently comes my way, his stride smooth yet quick.

I let down my wall and open up my mind, giving him his right to freely communicate with me. He stands at a step lower to mine, at first he doesn't say anything but reaches out his hand to touch Ulana's small head.

I watch him stroke it twice before he looks up to me once again. " Continue with your meeting but after, I demand time with my mate.'

I sigh, nodding.

He opens up his arms and I hand Ulana to him, she whines a bit until she familiarizes herself with her father's warmth and touch. I release yet another sigh after he has walked past me. I head back down to the living room, where the ladies are already waiting for me.

" Sorry for keeping you waiting." I say, taking a seat opposite them.

" Isn't the Alpha joining us?"

" The alpha has others matters to attend to. I believe that a female touch is what is most needed here." I say through a smile, pointing at their worded ideas, though my eye watches her carefully.

Her extra interest in the alpha doesn't fall far from my ear. I gesture for the ladies to share everything for tomorrow, it's only one or two changes I make, reminding them that this is a baby welcoming ceremony and not some formal event.

I had listened to them pitch an idea to me about tomorrow, they thought it would be a good idea to have two seperate parties for tomorrow. The first one would be the ceremony part for Ulana and then in the evening, it would be for the pack.

I surely didn't mind and me agreeing, made them sigh in relief, because they thought I wouldn't like the idea. I could detect that Kylie was nervous at first about approaching me with this, due to the idea to not sound as if they are trying to divert the main purpose for tomorrow. Ulana is of importance and therefore, this should be taken into account.

The theme of the ceremony would be soft pink and white, but the main colour would be the soft pink and the white, was to be fair to even the males and anyone, who was not really a fan of pink. The rest of the planning was left in their hands as I felt that they could handle it.

I gave Cara more of the control to oversee everything and to report to me, once everything was done. My reason being, was that Cara understood what I preferred and my taste, and I wanted to give her more of a voice in decision making because I have been sensing she, being overlooked.

Cara has so much to give, so much potential and she is more then what people think. She might be reserved and most of the time quiet, but that doesn't mean that she has no voice or something to share.  I knew from quite a long time that she would be the one, to be by my side and she is among the ones I trust.