Chapter 18.

" This is what I've been trying to avoid." I turn to him and what he expresses is both concern and frustration. " It's evident that I was right, these news have made you tense."

" And you frustrated." I point out.

He sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

" I'll be fine." He says, getting off the bed.

" No you wont, until you talk it out."

He sighs once again, this time knowing that he can't avoid this.

" I don't like how involved the elders are in our business."

" They are elders, they know that none can avoid this fact."

" They are taking advantage of their titles. Titles most in which are not earned."

" Question their roles and they will question yours." I sigh, rising to my feet and walking over to him.

I wrap my arms around his waist from behind.

" Something is not right." He says.

I kiss his back, right on his spine. The touch of my lips on his skin, never fails to get a reaction out of him. He shivers at my touch.

" They want to show interest and support through their visit tomorrow. This is what they want to display to the people, take this as one of the people, show no difference."

He turns around to face me and I never let him go.

I can see the wheels turning as he looks down at me.

" You are saying something to me." He says.

"My love, at times it's better to be seen as a fool especially at a time like this. Our focus shall be on Ulana and the celebration in the sight of many."

He looks at me for a while, letting my words to sink in.

I hear Ulana through the baby monitor.

" Someone is asking for me." I kiss his chest before heading out of our room.

A fluttery feeling moves throughout my chest when I enter her room. I attend to her needs at this hour and before I know it, I find myself relaxing on my rocking chair, with her laying on my chest. I let my hand softly rub on her back as I hum a tune.

After a while, being convinced that she has fallen asleep yet again, I reach out to adjust her carefully against me, so I can go and place her back in her crib.

My hand stops within reach of her, when I feel it shaking slightly. I frown a little when this occurs on both my hands, I blink a couple of times when my vision slightly gets blurry.

It's almost similar to what I had experienced when I was pregnant with Ulana.

I talk myself into remaining calm and waiting until this sensation passes. I worry for my Ulana, that this might transfer to her. Seconds close to a minute or so pass before my vision clears again, a sigh of relief releases from my lips when my hands remain still.

My gaze quickly falls to my baby, who is still sleeping soundly and this alone, calms me. I wouldn't be able to think straight if something happened to her.

Anything can happen to me but not my Ulana. Never her.

I know that I will have to look into what has been happening to me lately, the shaking, the cold sensation and now the blurriness. This must be a sign of something. I can't figure it out now, I need Niana's communication.

She's been silent for too long and I am not pleased by this.

"My little Butterfly." I murmur as I look down at her.