Chapter 31

" The Council has an offer to have more ear to the ground and for the small packs to be closed, the more powerful and big packs can take over, but at a price." Elder Grayson says.

He has attended the second day meeting. He has brought forth a proposal from the council, through an assessment from the high table.

" I don't have a problem with that." One of the alpha's says.

" I could use more members in my pack." Another says.

" No, I disagree." I speak up and heads turn to me.

" Your reason Luna." Elder Grayson says.

" The high table has an offer through assessment from the top. Already there is something wrong there. You can't be precise in saying something is an issue, unless little birdies have been whispering in your ears. The delivery of the message matters."

" What are you trying to say huh, that the elders are blind and -" One of the alpha's, who's a friend of alpha Gage says.

" Why are you offended alpha?"

" I'm not offended." He grumbles.

" By your outburst, we'd think you are."

" I think that you, saying such a thing or placing question at the council, is a leader undermining authority."

" You seem to forget that we are leaders as well and that we are more on the ground then the council. When you've been at the desk for too long, you tend to forget the minor details of what happens in the field. "

" To add to the Luna's words, we should remember that we have more responsibility for the people, they look up to us and what is said here, made in decision will affect our packs." Alpha Dane says.

" The council having more ear on the ground, can only mean that they don't trust their sources."

" The council is powerful, they don't need sources." The alpha who had taken offence to what I'd said about the elders, responds.

" Now that is being naive on your part." Someone comments.

" Yes, it is clear that there is no trust in us as the leaders and we are being monitored. We are not children, our hands don't need to be held each time." Ronan speaks up.

' We are steering away from the main points now.' Travis mindlinks me.

' Hmm, there is no sense of direction.' I respond, being in total agreement with him.

Feeling eyes on me, I look up to find elder Grayson already looking at me.

" Is there something you would like to address elder?" I speak up, cutting everyone off and earning silence.

I remember my Papa's words, to not be the first to break eye contact and so I had to speak up.

" I believe you weren't done with giving us your view." He says.

I nod.

This time I rise to my feet, having had enough of sitting down. I walk over to the white board set infront of everyone.

As I speak, I either write or draw up something that will make my view much clearer for each person.
" First of all, more involvement of the elders displays not only distrust, but invasion of privacy in each pack. Take what I'm about to say anyway you want, but I'll say it now, we are not defined by the elders.

We do have a voice."

" We know this." Elder Grayson says.

" No, remember this." I correct him.