Chapter 30

I watch silently as nana walks the doctor out, after she had me to do a blood test, to identify the real reason behind why I had not been feeling well. She had confessed that at several times, she had wanted to ask for my permission to do a blood test, due to a time she had witnessed my hands shaking.

She held herself back from discussing anything with me, due to her looking for the right time yet she seemed to not find it. Receiving an urgent call from the Beta, about the Luna, this was more than the right time for her.

I didn't mind taking the test because after so much time, having passed, with the sensations and occurrences I experienced, in my body, I believe the time to identify it, will be good for me. For a moment, I had literally pushed all this at the back of my mind, especially at the first few days after what happened to my family.

I can't even say dead, because it would mean that I am taking their last breaths away, the silence would surely do the worst kind to me.

I still need to hear them breathing, in my dreams and anytime, the air decides to whisper in my ears, bringing their voices together like a beautiful lullaby. My soulmate and my offspring.

Gosh, my fairytale, my heart's treasure. They are everything I could ever want or need. Before them, I had nothing to live for yet I was living. They entered into my world and no longer, did I breathe at the cost of a borrowed life but I lived. I actually lived and I had a beautiful dream turned into reality, to look forward to living.

I saw colour and I saw life, true life, what more could a young woman like me, ever need.

" Is that a smile I see?"

My smile immediately drops and I am back in the living room, on the couch and alone.

" I was lost in thought, my apologies for not hearing what you said."

" No need to apologise, I saw a spark of something that I desire it remains." He says, coming over to sit on the opposite couch, so he is facing me.

" They make me smile. Joy fills my heart because of them."

A sad smile touches his face and his eyes drop to the floor.

" Memories of him are what I hang onto, I'm gripping on them so hard because I don't want to forget. I can't forget my brother." He shakes his head.

" He loved you. Both you and Evan were his brothers. He was the most certain, the most relieved, that you are his sister's mate. He didn't even need to worry because he knew that, you will always commit more then a hundred percent towards her."

I watch him shake his head a little before picking up his head, to look at me.

" I want to make him proud." He says, now back on his feet.

" He already is, never question that."

He sighs, running his fingers through his hair. By the clench of his jaws, I know that he is doing all he can, to swallow the overwhelming emotions, that want to take over.

" It hurts all the more, when I hear her cry herself to sleep at night." He admits, turning his back to me.

My eye being quick to notice my grandmother, about to enter the room, I shake my head slightly, politely asking that she give us a little privacy.

" Your presence gives her comfort."

" But why does it feel like I don't exist, like she can't feel me around her?... Kylie is my mate!" His voice rises a level, jerking around to face me again. " It's like she can't see me."

" She knows you are here and she wouldn't have been able to get through another day, without the feeling of you around her at such a time."

" I need to be there for her." He mumbles, not even looking my way.