Chapter 26

The world already knows yet I witnessed, I witnessed them gone. A few days have passed but I keep on reliving the scene, whenever I close my eyes, I see it. I feel exhausted from resisting sleep yet I can't sleep, because if I ever think of doing it, the taunting thoughts of being near yet far shoot at me.

I heard my mate call out to me, he called me Belle for the last time, before he was taken away from me, oh gosh, and my baby, my little Butterfly.

I can't form the words to describe the feelings running through me right now, no, how can I, when numbess has been my companion of late along with silence. I haven't been able to speak to anyone, I don't have the words to bring comfort to my people as the pack is in mourning. I could feel the sorrow, sadness and every other emotion as I was brought back to my home.

My home, I could never call it that anymore because without them, it doesn't feel like home. It has turned out to be my refuge, from facing anyone, my little Butterfly's room the most. I can't hear them breathing, their lingering scents are what make sense for me now and being in here.

It is the most toturous of things, to watch not only your soulmate but your baby, being seperated from you. The pain I felt beforehand was warning enough, because letting go of my baby amd watching them drive away, didn't settle with me a hundred percent. Nothing feels right, the hallways felt empty and cold and the great urge, mostly in panicked state, for a sense of warmth, brought me to Ulana's room.

I haven't been able to stay for too long in mine and Mica's room, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I would go crazy. It feels like the strings of attachment of the matebond, are being torn apart and there's too much pain.

There's too much pain, it's so heavy to bear and at times, mostly at night, my mind attracts dangerous thoughts. I want to think, to breathe yet at times, it's like I'm blacking out. Dizziness has knocked my way so much, I've chosen to remain seated in my rocking chair.

I have held on to one piece of reality in my life, it is the last piece of my family, the blanket I held in hand that day. It is my most important because their scents linger most and I desperately need it.

It's like a drug and that's the most dangerous thing, I'm holding on to it as my last lifeline because if I were to lose it now, I might just break. I don't want to break because then, I might never recover. I can't lose them all over again.

Gosh, what am I saying?

I must be going crazy, I must be going insane and every other word to describe such a thing.

The sound of a knock on the door, makes me to flinch yet I don't make a move to get up.

" Luna, I brought you something to eat." I hear Cara say.

She has come and gone and still, I never opened my door. She hasn't given up yet and I don't believe she will. She believes so much that sooner or later, I will open the door and accept to see someone.

I know she means well, wanting me to have atleast a bite but I can't. I know that strength is the one thing I have no desire to search for as of now, I'm consumed by the numbess. It is my lungs and heart that remind me that I'm still alive.

" Luna, no words could bring comfort to you now but please, a bite would ease us abit. It would ease me, please. The alpha would never want his Belle to not take care of herself."

It is that name, Belle, that feels like a shot to my heart. Not near to breaking me out of the shell yet her words are enough, to push me to rise to my feet and finally answer the door. I unlock it and head back to my seat, staring ahead to the wall like I did before.