That Friendly Alpha [7]

"I thought we were supposed to go out?" Jayson questioned me again, this time in a softer voice as he approached me.

"I went to your room earlier to let you know that I am ready but you weren't there and your Dad told me that you went out with Bernard," he carried on.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was cancelled," I told him truthfully.

"Cancelled? Why?"

"Because of this afternoon's incident. It was my mistake and I apologize again, Alpha."

"Promise, earlier in the afternoon was me just doing my job or rather the responsibility that I am carrying. I wasn't angry at you or your Mom. I'm just a tad bit disappointed but I also know that accidents do happen sometimes. Plus, I wouldn't mix my responsibility as Alpha and my friendship."

I remained quiet. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't sure how to feel. Half of me wanted to believe that Jayson really wouldn't mix his duty as the Alpha and friendship but the other half of me was assuming that Jayson probably only wanted to carry on going out with me because he didn't have Leah with him. But he could get any other girls... it does not necessary have to be me.

"I'm sorry, I assumed wrongly," I finally said.

"Yes, so next time stop assuming," Jayson shot me, in a normal but stern voice. "So shall we continue with our plan?" He asked me afterwards.

"Erm, I'm not sure. It's getting quite late and..."

"Are you trying to avoid me or something?" Jayson cut me off. He placed both hands on his hips and looked at me like he was about to scold me, except that he was still talking in his normal voice.

"No no," I quickly told him, "My mom wouldn't agree if I leave the house this late especially after I just came back."

"I've checked on her. Both your parents are asleep. If they scold you tomorrow then tell them to see me, I'll explain that I just wanted an accompany."

Of course... only an accompany.

"So shall we get going?" Jayson pressed on.

* * *

"What would you like?" Jayson asked as he looked through the menu of the café. It wasn't full seeing that it was close to midnight but I was informed that the café closes at 2 in the morning.

"Just tea," I said and closed the menu.

"That's it?"

"Yeah," I confirmed and Jayson closed his menu as well and called one of the waiter over.

"Can I have two tea and a roll of the sugar cake please."

Once the waiter had collected back the menu, I was left with nothing to do. It was suddenly quite awkward because 1) I had never really been to a café before and 2) I had nothing to talk to Jayson. So I tried to busy myself by looking at the decorations of the café which was very simple but what that caught my eyes were the little basket of flowers that was hanged in the ceiling. It was really cute.