That Friendly Alpha [1]

"Mom, has the food arrive yet?" I asked, again and again. The party should be starting in about an hour and there is no sight of any food that Mom was supposed to be in charge of except for some deserts and snacks.

"Promise, the Alpha only wanted packed food so there's not much arrangement to do. He ordered boxes of KFC meals and they are arriving in thirty minutes. Don't worry much, alright," Mom assured me.

I sighed softly. I knew Jayson would never want any fancy stuffs. He only agreed with the party because he is the Alpha and his parents wanted him to have a birthday party. Plus, everyone in the pack were very fond of him that they didn't mind doing loads for his birthday.

"Okay then," I said to Mom, "I'll just put these cheese tarts outside."

And with that, I headed out of the kitchen. If you couldn't tell yet, Mom and I were the pack's maid while Dad was in charge of the gardens. Except that we weren't like any other maids in a pack. Most of the time, there will be other pack members helping us but we made it clear that those were our job and responsibilities.

While I was busy placing the cheese tarts nicely on the glass racks, I caught his scent getting closer and closer. I couldn't concentrate much already but I tried not to make it look obvious.

"Hey Promise," he greeted me. Just at the sound of his voice could make my heart explode.

"Alpha," I acknowledged him when I turned around, with a bow.

"I believe this is not my first time telling you not to call me Alpha," he said with a playful stern voice.

"Okay... Jayson." I said with a slight smile.

"That's more I like it," he replied. "How's the other preparation going?"

"Everything is going great since you didn't order much. The desserts and little snacks are all prepared. Mom said the KFC meals should be arriving in about twenty minutes or so and that's about it," I explained.

"How about my cake?" He questioned, excitedly as he rubbed both of his palms together.

I smiled. I knew how much he loved cakes and ice-creams. Those were the only two desserts that he loved.

"That's a surprise," I answered with a cheeky smile which I didn't know from where did I got the courage to be like that to him. "From me, to you."

"Well... you just made me feel so much more anxious for it. But I believe you bake only the best," he replied with a cheeky smile of his own. I wanted to be happy about it but I remembered that Jayson was always friendly to everyone in the pack house and I believed the never saw me differently. I was just another pack member.

"Honey, you need to put on the outfit already," a voice called from the top of the stairs. It was Leah's; Jayson's girlfriend. I offered a small smile and then gestured for him to leave and put on his outfit for the night.

I was never sad about my mate having a girlfriend. I knew Leah was a nice girl and I knew she could make Jayson happy. Like I already have and set in mind; I just wanted the best for my mate.