That Friendly Alpha [12]

Bernard had told us to just pile the boxes in the living room and he will get his pack members to bring them up to his room instead because it would be easier in a way that it wouldn't take too long for the boxes to be moved out of the truck.

Jenna only brought over about 15 boxes, 12 being most of her clothes while 3 being her books, make-up, accessories and not to mention she also brought over a plasma TV and play station.

The boxes were moved quite quickly and when I came back to the truck, there was only 1 box left. I went to picked it up and instantly knew that it was the box of books because it was so heavy. I managed to carry it even with a little bit of difficulties until I was halfway to the door.

"Hey, I'll get that," Jayson said and jogged to me.

"No, it's okay. You wait in the truck," I told him. My intention was once he was in the car, I was going to ask Bernard and Jenna's permission to stay the night in the house. There was no way for me to be just alone with Jayson - not gonna happen!

"No come, give that to me. I know that's heavy, that's why I leave that to last," Jayson said and tried to snatch the box from me. I refused to give it to him.

But then, his fingers suddenly brushed mine and I was surprised at the electric feels - it was stronger and much much painful than the one that we had experienced before. And because of that, I accidentally let go of the box which then landed straight on my toes.

"Owwww!" I screamed and fell down right away. To be honest, the pain wasn't as painful as the skin touching but it was still painful.

"See, I told you Promise that's heavy," Jayson said as he was suddenly at my side. I didn't like the tone - like he was blaming me.

"I dropped it by accident because you were trying to snatch it away from me," I chided.

"I'm trying to take it from you because it's heavy. I'm just trying to help," Jayson said, trying to defend himself and just on time for Bernard and Jenna to come out.

"Hey, what's going on?" Jenna asked and the moment she saw my bleeding toes, she made a disgusted a face.

"This have to be nursed right away," Bernard stated and I thought he wanted to bring me into his pack house to get a doctor but instead, he carried me bridal style and placed me back in the passenger seat of the truck.

"But you said this has to be nursed right away," I argued.

"Yes, it has to," he agreed and then turned to Jayson, "Drive fast and get her home."

"Wait...but Bernard..." he didn't let me continue to say anything as he closed the door and walked back towards Jenna. I made a scowling face at both of them the moment Jayson got inside the truck and drove away.

"Are you in pain?" Jayson asked after a long silent of the drive.

"It's stinging though, but nothing I can't handle right now," I told him truthfully and he just nodded before making another statement.