That Friendly Alpha [2]

The next day was not a school day but Jayson was up pretty early which was unusual. He came into the kitchen with some basketball shorts and shirtless which caused my mouth to be wide open but I quickly regained myself and greeted him as my leader.

"Good morning Alpha."

"Morning. Erm, can you make me some coffee or something? I'm having a terrible headache," he requested politely as he took a sit on the small dining table in the kitchen but I still heard some groaning from the back of his throat.

"Sure Alpha. Are you not well?" I asked but my hands quickly got to work as I reached for a mug and a packet of coffee.

"Nah, just headache. I had some drinks with the guys last night," he admitted. I never knew whether he was a drinker or not but for some drinks, he sure woke up pretty early. I quickly served the coffee and then grabbed him two pills of advil. "Thank you."

I nodded and let him gulped his coffee down like cold water and then popped in those advils. Right after that, he placed both arms crossed on the table and leaned his head over. I wasn't sure if he was sleeping but I made sure to do the rest of my chores in the kitchen as quiet as possible as to not add onto his headache.

And then I remembered that I haven't given him his birthday present from me. Running tiptoeing, I went into my room and grabbed the wrapped present. When I got back into the kitchen, Jayson was still there, unmoved since I went to the room and I heard a light snore coming from him as well.

I didn't meant to disturb him but I was sure that it was very uncomfortable for him to be sleeping in that position plus it was still cold in the morning for him to be in the kitchen shirtless. Clutching his present to my chest, I woke him up gently by tapping on his biceps.

He was quick to be awake and he looked at me with a frown which caused my stomach to have shrinked a little. Was he angry at me?

"Erm, I just woke you up to say that it's best for you to go back to your room to rest Alpha. I'm sure it can be uncomfortable to sleep in here," I said rather quietly as I looked down on the floor instead of his eyes.

"Oh ya, okay," he responded, rubbing his eyes. Placing both hands on the table for support, he got up. I wanted to help him but I didn't want us touching.

"Oh and Alpha, I've got you a birthday present which I hadn't get the chance to give yesterday," I spoke and handed him the wrapped up parcel.

"Thanks," was all he said before he walk past me and up the stairs to his room.

Maybe he already had the idea that my present wasn't going to be as good as the rest that he received or was he just tired and sleepy?

* * * *

Jayson proved my first assumption wrong because I was serving breakfast on the dining table the next day and he walked down, wearing the birthday present that I had given him.

I was just serving some children their cereals but I already knew that Jayson was coming from the smell of his cologne.

And he was the first one to approach me, "Good morning, Promise." That was when I pretended to be surprised from his presence when I looked up but I was really surprised when I saw what he was wearing.

The denim jacket was leather on it's sleeve and the reason I picked it was because most of the time in movies, I saw bikers wore those kind of jackets. Jayson paired it with a tank top underneath and a charcoal coloured chinos. I guess he saw me observing his clothing because he opened up his arms and then turned around twice.

"Do I look extra handsome today?" He asked while grinning and I laughed at that.

"Thanks Promise," he said and smiled, coming closer. Oh, please don't come any closer. "This is so comfortable. I think I'd wear this everyday."