That Friendly Alpha [15]

I didn't know where I was running, I just did. I didn't bother turning back to see whether Jayson was following after me. A small part of me wanted Jayson to but a big part of me was relief that he didn't. I wouldn't know how to face him.

I clawed and get rid of any bushes and branches that was blocking my way. I just went ahead, running deeper into the woods until I was sure that I was quite far away from the pack's house.

Should I go back once I calmed myself down?

How should I face Jayson?

Will he banned me for...lying to him about these mates thingy?

All sorts of question was running through my head. I was still trying to catch my breath from the running when I felt a tip of sphere at the side of my face.

"You are to remain silent!" A voice screamed into my ear. I looked up and realized that I was being surrounded by about a dozen of men, all having a pointed sphere on their hands, pointing it at me.

"Now listen carefully and follow what I'm about to say. If you try to run away, you will be dead right away," another voice said and I just nodded weakly and a piece of cloth was being thrown at my face right away.

"Shift and get change. Remember! Don't try to run away or you'll be dead in no time," the same person who screamed to me, instructed and warned.

I moved behind a short large tree and shifted. The only thing that those men could see was my face and I quickly put on the long t-shirt that they had thrown at me. It didn't have to take the smartest werewolf on earth to know that I had crossed into another pack's territory that caused these men to treat me like this.

I was about to step out of the tree towards the men again because I knew not to mess with them when I felt a heavy punch on my right eye and I saw darkness.

* * *

I was rudely awaken by someone splashing water on me. I woke up instantly and saw 4 unfamiliar faces. I didn't recognize who these guys were until I remembered the last incident of them stopping me and asking me to shift before they punched me.

"Who are you guys?" I asked and tried not to sound too scared.

"We should be the one asking you that! Why are you in our pack's territory? Why did you..." the guy closest to me asked but he didn't finish his last question because another guy whispered something about the Alpha coming.

"Where's the rogue?" I heard a voice asked and the 4 men instantly acknowledged him as 'Alpha' followed by a chorus of 'Luna'. The Alpha and the Luna instantly came into view, dressed casually. They were very young and didn't look like any unreasonable pair of Alphas.

"I am not a rogue," I defended myself and received a slap right away.

"Don't be rude!" the guy who slapped me snarled.

"There's no need to be rough Johnson. You and the rest may leave now. I'll take it from here," the Alpha said and ordered. The men nodded and left right away, leaving me with the Alpha and Luna in the room as what I'd consider as the store room.

Both the Luna and the Alpha were casually dressed in T-shirt and jeans and they didn't speak anything, just basically stare at me. Except that I couldn't read their faces - whether they were mad, angry or anything.

"What's your name?" The Luna asked shortly after.

"Promise," I answered, "I'm not a rogue."

"Did the Luna ask whether you're one or not? Just answer what she's asking!" The Alpha's voice boomed behind her and that instantly shut me up as I flinched further back.