That Friendly Alpha [18]

I knew the answer to Jayson's question but I didn't know how to answer him. I needed time to think. And, accepting him also means that I'd have a huge responsibility now as a Luna which I wasn't ready to hold onto.

Mom saved me from Jayson's question when she entered the room with a tray of food and a glass of water. Jayson quickly took the tray from her hands.

"Jayson will take care of you alright? I'll go to bed first. Its past midnight," Mom informed and my heart fell.

"But err Mom..."

"Goodnight Promise," Mom cut me off and leaned down, kissing me on the forehead before nodding at Jayson and left the room.

"Let's get you feed," Jayson said once Mom left. He helped me up and placed a pillow behind me so that I could get comfortable.

I looked at the content of the plate and saw a serving of rice along with some chicken, fishes and mixed vegetables. Next to the plate was a small bowl with sliced watermelon in it.

Jayson was ready to feed me the first spoon but I quickly covered my mouth with my hand.

"You have to eat Promise," Jayson said in a consoling tone.

"Too much," I told him.

"But it's what the doctor suggest. Please, eat as much as you can. If you can't take in anymore, just let me know. I won't force you," Jayson told me and put up the spoon. Slowly, I opened my mouth and took the first feed.

Jayson carried on feeding me until the plate went empty. I didn't realized how hungry I was until I started tasting the food. It was no doubt that it was Mom's cooking. I even finished the fruits.

"Thank you," I said as Jayson put the tray aside on the night stand.

"Don't mention it, Promise. You're my responsibility now," Jayson replied and I instantly wished he didn't answer me like that because I knew he was gonna bring up about the mates again.

"Erm, I need to use the bathroom. I wanna clean myself up," I told him quickly before he had the chance to question me anything about mates.

"Yeah sure, I'll help you," Jayson said and he was quick by my side. Before I knew it, I was in his arms and he was walking me to his bathroom.

"I mean, I need to use my bathroom. Plus I need my clothes too," I told him.

"You can borrow my clothes for the time being. We'll just have to clean you up quickly and then you'll have to get back to the bed to rest."

"Yeah but I need some stuffs that is in my bathroom and..."

"I know what you're trying to do Promise," Jayson cut me off, "But you can't keep running away from me. We have to talk about this sooner or later; about us."

He was looking straight at me but I didn't dare to look back into his gaze, afraid that I might see anger there. I remained silent before I heard Jayson sighed.

"Okay, I'll bring you down to your bathroom. Get everything that you needed to be done, done and then promise me that we'll talk about us afterwards?" Jayson suggested. He didn't sound too pushy but instead he was calm, as if he wanted to give me some space to myself before we could talk about us.

"Okay," I agreed and Jayson, still carrying me in bridal style brought me down into my room. He put me down on the toilet's seat before informing me that he will be just outside and to call him if I needed anything.

I took a longer shower and if possible I wanted to stay even longer but I knew that Jayson might get suspicious. So I left the bathroom after about half an hour being there. It was better coming out willingly rather than having Jayson barging into the bathroom.

Once dressed, I got out of the bathroom. I tried to be as silent as possible with hope that Jayson wouldn't notice me even though I knew it was impossible.

However, when I entered my room, Jayson was asleep, snoring lightly on my bed. I went to him. I didn't have the heart to wake him up but I also knew that my bed wasn't as soft as his and I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

Sitting next to the bed, I tried waking Jayson up by stroking his hair from his forehead. Jayson only stirred a bit but didn't wake up.

I was left with no choice. I let him continue his sleep while I slept next to him on the floor. It was fine. At least, I've got another day to save my explanation.

* * *

"Promise!" Someone's voice startled me from my sleep and when I opened up my eyes, I saw a frowning Jayson.

"Why are you sleeping like this? Why didn't you wake me up?" Jayson asked right away. I didn't answer him but instead look at the watch for the timing. It was 8 in the morning and the first thing that went into my mind was school.

"Oh gosh we're gonna be late for school!" I screamed.

"It's Sunday, Promise. We have until tomorrow," Jayson informed me and I instantly felt dumb, I've left school for days that I didn't count what day was it.

"Oh," was all I said.

"I'll make you breakfast?" Jayson inquired.

"No no, I'll make the breakfast," I quickly said.

"No! The last time I checked, the doctor told me that you are the one who needed to eat enough food and have enough vitamins for your body," Jayson argued. I was about to say something else when Jayson added, "Simple breakfast. I'll make a simple breakfast for both of us. You'll wait here."

And with that being said, Jayson was out of my room which gave a good space just being by myself and thinking. I knew, sooner or later I'd have to explain things to Jayson. Maybe now, I wouldn't be as scared as I was before because I could certainly tell that Jayson wouldn't get mad. But still, I was afraid of what I would feel and how Jayson would feel.

I liked the way Jayson had been these past few days since he found me at the White Depths pack. He was still as friendly as he was before but he was clearly very much caring now. I could see how he cared for me when I wasn't ready to attend my Dad's funeral, when I fainted and when I had to eat. I appreciated everything but what I was still afraid of was what if I wasn't good enough for Alpha Jayson?

"Promise, I made buttered toast and tea. Good for you?" Jayson asked the moment he entered the room. I just nodded and we ate together as we sat on the floor. It was a perfect silent with some crunchy noises from the toast.

"Thank you," I said once I finished my toast.

"You like it?" He questioned me instead.

"I do."

"I'll make more of that for you the next time," he said.

"Alright."

I didn't know what else to say so I basically just stared at the empty plate even though I could almost see Jayson's eyes on me, burning a hole right through me.

"We can't do this anymore, Promise," Jayson finally voiced out and it was enough to make me looked up at him and tried to read what exactly that he meant.

"I...I...I underst...stand," I managed to choke out. I wasn't scared because I knew Jayson wouldn't get mad at me. But now, only I realized that I had been scared for the wrong reason. I shouldn't be afraid whether Jayson would get mad or not. Instead, I should be thinking of how Jayson would try to put it nicely, that we wouldn't work out together.

"I'm sorry, Promise," Jayson said and he grab a hold of both of my hands in his.

"No, I'm sorry but..." I couldn't find the words. Did I still have to explain to him?

"I...I can't..."

And after that, I wanted to block everything that Jayson might want to say out of my ears.

%#9i01{