That Friendly Alpha [21]

Author's Note

*knock knock*

Hello, anybody in here? Anybody still reading this?

Let me know.

X

"I'm perfectly fine staying in my room."

"Well then I am not a tad bit fine with you sleeping in your room," Jayson said back.

"But this is your room and why would I have to stay in your room when I have my own room?"

"That's where you're wrong baby. This is our room now - which means we'll have to stay here. I'll help you bring up your stuffs from the room downstairs up here by tomorrow," Jayson stated.

"You didn't even ask me whether I wanna move in with you in this room. You didn't even ask if I'd be comfortable being in this room with you. You simply made the decision yourself," I protested.

We were in middle of Jayson's room arguing about the rooms. When Jayson said I needed to rest upstairs the moment we got back into the house, I told him that I wanted to rest in my room but Jayson ignored and carried me bridal style into his room. And now we were just arguing about the rooms.

"Promise, I hope you understand that I just want to take care of you and I can't do it from afar. I'm perfectly fine if you want me to move into the room downstairs with you. Just as long as you're with me. I'm not trying to say that this room is better than your room but this room has a balcony and if you need to get some fresh air, you can just step out there without having to leave the house. If you're uncomfortable with us being in the same bed, then rest assured that I don't mind sleeping on the floor. Just as long as I'm close to you and I can take care of you."

I remained quiet for a while. I love that Jayson was protective but I still needed time to get used to have a mate that is protective. I mean, I knew that all mates are protective but I have been on my own all these while and I still needed time to get used to always having Jayson around me.

"Please Promise," Jayson voiced again, "I wouldn't try anything funny. If you don't like the atmosphere of the room, we can find another room. Or you could try, just staying in this room for one night and if you're not comfortable, then we can go back to your room or find another room. Please."

My heart went out to Jayson. I understood what he was trying to do but I didn't want to be in the same room where he and Leah had once shared being together. And now, I didn't know what else to tell Jayson that I didn't want to stay the night here.

"Can I... Can I think about it first?" I asked, finally. Jayson sighed before finally nodded. I then excused myself to go to my room which Jayson offered to send at first but I told him I was fine. I knew Jayson didn't buy it but he let me off anyway.

Before I went for my room, I stayed in the kitchen for a bit. Basically just wanted to waste some time as I poured myself a glass of water and took a sip by sip.

I wanted to find a way to tell Jayson that I didn't want to stay in his room because Leah used to be a tenant there but I didn't want Jayson to feel that I hadn't got over the fact about him and Leah used to be together. I already said that we should start anew and I don't want to be the one bringing up the past. I don't want to lose Jayson for my childish acts and thinking.

"Promise," someone called while I was in the middle of my thinking. I looked up from the wall I was just staring at and saw Bernard. It feels like I haven't seen him in forever and Bernard looked slightly different - probably from the little facial hair that had grown on his face.