That Friendly Alpha [5]

I gave Jayson the privilege to knock on Bernard's door while I stood behind him with the cake in my hand. With him standing in front of me, I couldn't see anything in front but that was the whole purpose so that Bernard wouldn't see me.

"Hello, is Bernard in?" I heard Jayson asked once the door creaked open.

"Alpha Jayson," the person (whom I see couldn't see who but I just knew a girl from her voice) acknowledged. "Alpha Bernard is in. Come in please."

Jayson was about to step in when I grabbed the back of his jacket to stop him. I did that because I wanted Bernard to come out and be surprised. But I was then shocked by the electric feels that ran through my hand to Jayson's back. I bet Jayson felt it too because his body stiffen. I quickly remove my hand from his jacket and then he seemed to read my message clear.

"Can you get him for me please?" Jayson asked politely but he still hadn't turn around to look at me.

"Sure sure," the girl answered and kinda not like the way she said it. It was full of cheekiness.

"You're quite rough, I see," Jayson commented the moment he turned to face me. His face was impassive.

"What do you mean?" I asked, totally playing dumb.

"When you touched my back earlier, you could have touched it gently," he said and then stretched one arm to rubbed his back.

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"I'm not gonna deny. It hurts but that only means that you're a good fighter and that means you can protect the pack too," Jayson said and this time his cheerfulness voice were back. "So, it's okay."

I nodded and then looked down. Was that some bonds connecting between us? Oh moon goddess, please no.

We then fell into complete silence with Jayson constantly rubbing his back. I didn't meant to hurt him. But I didn't know how it happened. I wanted it to stop, just in case if it happens again. But again, I didn't know how.

"Hey man!" I heard Jayson said and I looked up to see a surprised Bernard at the door, only in some tank top and his basketball shorts. It was Bernard's favourite attire because it enhanced his packs and muscles.

"Hey guys," Bernard said back, still in his surprised state.

I put on a smile, trying to cover my awkwardness about Bernard's and I argument earlier. "Surprise!" I said, casually.

"Seriously guys. You could have told me so that I'd be dress nicer than this," Bernard joked and then I saw his eyes flicked to the cake that I was holding.

"Yes, this is for you," I said and handed him the cake. I had been holding it for too long that my arms were getting numb.

"You were reading my mind," Bernard accused but gladly took the cake from my hands. "How about you wait for us in the game room, I was just there playing some game," he said, turning to Jayson who was getting quieter I realized.