That Friendly Alpha [10]

I was still running by the time it was dawn. I wasn't planning to go to school. I wasn't planning to go back to the pack house yet.

I wasn't running far, I just kept running in circles where it was allowed to and made sure that I didn't accidentally run into another pack's territory.

I did everything that I thought would be helpful - clawing the trees, digging the ground for nothing and biting off the leaves from the branches but it didn't help much. It only managed to distract me, so I kept doing it for god knows how long before I grew tired of no achievements.

Once I thought I was ready to go back to the pack house, I only wanted to stroll which took quite some time but I wasn't complaining and before I knew it, it was almost dark by the time I reached home. And oh I was surprised when I saw Jayson standing at the kitchen's back door.

He was looking straight at me even as I was moving which made me wonder whether he was actually looking at me or just stoning. I kept moving until I was in front of him and letting out a small howl and bowed, showing respect to the alpha. I had managed to keep my wolf in control throughout the time we were out and I was glad that she could still maintain it as we stood in front of our mate.

"Promise, you will go in, shift, get change and meet me here again alright?" Jayson said in his stern voice.

I bowed and walked past him and as I did, his hand stroked my fur. I wondered if there were any electric feels because I actually didn't feel anything.

I got in my room and shifted back to human. I changed into something comfortable - baggy pants and baggy shirt before looking at myself in the mirror. My face was fine, free from any swollen looking eyes and my hair was tangled in everywhere. I made sure to have a shower tonight before sleep.

I took a deep breath in before slowly made my way to the door. When I opened them, Jayson was right in front of me, his hand was in a fist and was about to knock on it but he quickly retreated when he saw me ready.

"I made you some hot tea," Jayson informed.

"Okay. Uhm thanks. Can I just see my mom in her room for a while?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, but meet me at the table outside later," Jayson said and I nodded. I let Jayson moved first before I went to my parent's room.

I knocked on the door and in an instant, Mom opened up the door and the moment she saw me, she scolded, "Where have you been? I'm worried sick. Your dad was too. And the Alpha, he waited for goodness know how long at the door."

"Sorry Mom, I needed to let the wolf out," I said, not entirely lying.

"The whole night, and day?" She pressed on.

"I lost track of time," I reasoned.

"Don't do it again," Mom warned, pointing a finger at me, "Now go have a shower and then eat up, I've saved some dinner for you in the microwave."