That Friendly Alpha [19]

"As much as I wanted to give you all the time that you need to think, I can't continue pretending like we were fine when we're not. We need to start talking," Jayson said and I stared at him for a while. I thought he was gonna say that we couldn't work together but instead, I was wrong.

I knew we needed to talk but of course I'd rather much pretend like we were fine because I was the one who had been running away from the truth.

"Say something, Promise," Jayson urged.

"I...I thought you were gonna say that we won't be able to work being together," I told him.

"What? Of course not Promise," Jayson quickly said and cupped my face with both of his hands. "I can't possibly say that because I know that we can work! I know that we're both gonna be each other's strength as we goes by. It's just that now, we have to talk serious. I'm not gonna be mad or anything Promise. We're just gonna talk and clear everything that is hanging in between our relationship right now. Okay?"

I listened to Jayson and then took a deep breath, trying to calm my nervous self before nodding at him.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're my mate?" Jayson started.

"Initially, I didn't want to tell you because I know I'm not good enough for you," I replied but Jayson quickly cut me off.

"Why did you even think like that Promise? Look at you, there's nothing about you that screams not good enough. Don't even think like that anymore," he said in a soft warning tone.

I let a small sarcastic chuckle, "Then look at you Jayson. You're the Alpha. I will not be a good Luna. I don't know anything about the Alpha's bloodline."

"But you can learn from..."

I didn't let Jayson finish. I didn't know where I got the strength from but that was when I started telling him everything. And I really meant everything that I've been keeping throughout.

"And then you also had Leah. When I found out that you're my mate, you were already with her. What kind of a girl would I be if I were to just barge into your relationship and hurt Leah? I lived with it Jayson! You think I wasn't jealous? You think it didn't hurt? It hurts a lot more than you think."

"When Leah found her mate, I was happy for her. But I was also sad for you because you were so broken and that shows how much you loved Leah. I was there for you because I couldn't bear seeing you so sad and heartbroken. I wanted to distract you from your pain but distracting you only brought me closer to my pain."

"Yes I know that it is still my fault for keeping this away from you. But Jayson, I had my own reasons. I didn't want to hurt Leah. I didn't want this pack to have a useless Luna. And I still didn't want to tell you about it because Jayson, you told me that you wouldn't even trade Leah for your mate because she's too precious and you love her so much."

I was crying tremendously at the end just at the thought of Jayson telling me how he loved Leah so much and wouldn't trade her for me. It still pained me to know that I was unwanted.

"Promise I'm so sorry," Jayson said after awhile and hugged me. His hug became tighter and he kept chanting how sorry he was as he stroked my hair.

"I don't want any sympathy Jayson. I know you weren't lying when you said you loved her and wouldn't trade her," I cried.

Pulling back, Jayson cupped my face as both thumbs wiped away my still flowing tears. "I didn't mean them. Even if I did back then, now they don't mean a thing because I have you. I wouldn't trade you for Leah or for anyone else. You're my mate and I wouldn't want to have it otherwise. When we kissed, I knew instantly that you're gonna be the only one to make me happy, to be with me at my ups and downs, to cherish me even at my worse, to take care of me when I'm healthy and sick and of course to be the only one who love me for who I am."

"I know I already love you even before we kissed. And that's actually why I kissed you. When you told me that you have found your mate, I was upset because I thought I wouldn't be able to be around you anymore once you be with your mate. I already like you a lot from all your advice, positive thinking and mainly just because you are Promise Bridges and I know I wouldn't find anyone else like you."

"Please forgive me Promise, for everything that I've caused you. All the hurt and all the pain. I promise, I will make it up to you as long as you'd give me the chance to be a loyal and loving mate to you. Please Promise," Jayson said in a begging tone and as he was saying, he had tears streaming down his face too.

I looked at him. I've always wanted him to not know that I was his mate because I wasn't good enough and all. But had I wanted him to recognize me and accept me for who I am? Even if I hadn't wanted that in the beginning, it would always be nice for someone especially my mate to accept me for who I am no matter how not good enough I thought of myself.

Lifting my hand up, I wiped away the tears that was almost drying on his face. "My name is Promise Bridges."

With that phrase being said, Jayson presented me a wide smile and responded, "My name is Jayson Cowper. From now on, I'll take care of you and you'll take care of me. Can we not change that?"

I returned his smile and Jayson leaned forward, to give me a kiss that I'd be looking forward most of the time.

I wrapped my arms around Jayson's torso while Jayson basically wrapped me with his. I returned his kiss and we remained like that until I heard someone open the door and I quickly pull back but Jayson's arms didn't leave me.

"Mom," I acknowledged when I saw Mom from the gap of the door.

"I'm happy for you Promise, that's all you have to know. And I'm sure Dad would be happy too seeing you with a good man. Alpha Jayson has promised Dad that he will take care of you well and I really hope that he will keep to this words," Mom said as she eyed both of us.

"I will, Mom. I will definitely take care of her. And Mom, it's just Jayson now. Don't call me Alpha, I'm your son too now," Jayson said to my Mom.

"Good. I'll just leave you two to catch up on the things that I guess you guys need to catch up," Mom said and closed back the door.

"How did Mom know about us?" I asked as soon as I think Mom was away from the door.

"When you run away that night, I wanted to run after you but I was confuse as hell as well so I let you run. But when you didn't come back, I send a search group and I had to tell your parents what exactly happened. I told them that I kissed you and I instantly knew that we're mates," Jayson explained.

I just nodded. However, I had another question in mind that I was afraid to ask Jayson because I was scared that I wouldn't be able to control my emotions and ruin what I thought the perfect happiness that I just received.

"What are you thinking?" Jayson asked and his fingers caressed my cheeks lovingly.

I put my hand on top of his and took a deep breath in before I issued the question.

"What exactly happen while I was away?"