That Friendly Alpha [4]

I waited for Jayson in the kitchen and it had been a little over 10 minutes. I didn't mind if he was asleep and couldn't stay awake but some part of me felt disappointed. He said he was gonna help me, so where was he?

But on the other hand, I thought, perhaps he needed time to regain himself again, to forget about Leah and just have the night to himself.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Jayson voice boomed just as soon as I started to sieve the flour.

I turned around and quickly offered him a smile. "That's okay. I thought you changed your mind about coming down to help me."

"Of course not. I had a short meeting with Dad for a while," he informed. "So what do I do now?"

"I'm not very good at giving instructions, that's why I prefer working alone. I don't know what you can do now but you can sit down first while I get the ingredients ready with the correct measurements," I told him awkwardly.

"Oh okay," he said and casually went to fridge and took out a bottle of sprite. While my hands were doing it's work at measuring the dry ingredients, my eyes was also watching as Jayson grabbed a few cubes of ice into two glasses and poured the drink in.

He approached me and handed me a glass. "Have some," he said and I nervously took it from his hand. If it were to be anyone else, I would have easily accepted the drink. But we're talking about the Alpha, the one everyone is afraid of despite him being friendly and most of all, he was my mate.

"Thank you," I said and took a sip while he watched me. I quickly put the glass away and get on to work. It was done in no time seeing the kitchen had almost everything from the kitchen's aid, measuring cups, measuring spoons and and weighing scale.

"What do we do first?" Jayson asked when I took out the bowl from the kitchen's aid.

"Cream the butter," I told him and then fetch the butter which I had left at room temperature.

"How do we cream the butter?" Jayson asked, confused.

"It's just a term use in baking. We just put the butter in the bowl and let the whisk, whisk it," I explained. I showed him everything from how the butter was creamed and then slowly adding the dry ingredients.

There was no more ingredients to add in anymore except for letting the batter become fluffy and firm. There wasn't any awkward silence or anything but then Jayson spoke up.

"You had a talk with Leah earlier, right?"

"Yes."

"What did you two talk about?" He questioned.

"Hmm, just about how she met her mate," I said, not entirely lying.

"Some more?"

"A little bit about you too," I told him.