That Friendly Alpha [6]

"So what did you guys do last night after y'all left my place?" Bernard bombed me with the question as I was taking out some books out of my locker. He had a smile on his face, a cheeky one that I knew.

"His room, your room or in the car? In the car! Am I right?" Bernard continued and I slapped him on the chest really hard. I knew he was just teasing me but it was an embarrassing topic and I could feel the heat radiating around my face.

"You're blushing so bad, Promise," Bernard laughed. I closed my locker and then started walking up to the library because I had the first period free. Bernard tailed me, still with some lingering laughter.

"Fine fine, I'm sorry but you guys were really fine last night that I thought that perhaps you might have missed out the information about him knowing that you guys are mates," Bernard said, this time more on a serious note.

"He just wanted to come along... to celebrate your birthday," I told him.

"Well of course. I'm an awesome man, who wouldn't want to celebrate my birthday with me," Bernard said, being the cocky one he was. "But anyway, back to the serious note, I really do think that you guys look compatible except that you will definitely look better with me."

I raised my brows at Bernard who was smiling cheekily. "Now, if I am given the choice which I clearly do have, I will definitely not choose you. I mean, I've known you for too long that every day I keep thinking of when would you be out of my life," I said. I was joking but my tone was serious and then I rolled my eyes at him.

"Promise, that's so mean."

"Too bad. You started it first."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not forgiving you yet," I continued. Bernard was about to say something when I felt Jayson's presence and instantly, he was in front of me.

"Hi Bernard, I'm sorry but I gotta steal Promise for a while," Jayson said.

"Yeah sure."

And just like that, Jayson grabbed my wrist and gently dragged me out to the car park. I wanted to protest because he was holding my wrist very tightly that it hurts. But Jayson never let it go until we reached his motorbike even though I was whimpering and moaning in pain.

"What's the matter, Jayson?" I asked as I rubbed my wrist.

"Something happened at home. We're heading home now," he told me and quickly put on a helmet on me.

"What happened?" I asked, panic. Was it my mom? Was it his mom? Was it rogues?

"I don't know. My mom called but I couldn't hear her clearly because there was a commotion in the background," Jayson told me and then started his bike. I waited no more and jumped onto the bike.

I even took the initiative of wrapping my arms around Jayson's waist as I could clearly tell that he was gonna speed our way home even though I felt an electric pain running through my hands and arms. I knew it was the bond but I believe Jayson felt nothing because he didn't complain. He sped home without another word said.