That Friendly Alpha [14]

Hi guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a month. School has officially started and you guys should know what it means ><

I was gonna wake up but I could feel the wound on my arm stinging. It was so much more painful than it was previously. I knew what happened. I knew Jenna clawed into my wound. I knew she was angry.

And those were exactly the reason why I didn't want to open my eyes even though I was awake. I was afraid that Jenna would come again at me. She, after all would be so much stronger than me because she has the Alpha bloodline.

"Neil!" I suddenly heard Jayson's voice, yelling for the doctor which made me startle. In an instant, I heard the door opened and closed and finally the doctor's voice.

"What's happening?" he asked.

"She's groaning in pain," Jayson told him and at the same time I heard my parents' voices.

"Please...please check on Promise."

"Please, help my daughter."

Hearing both my mom and dad's voices was enough to make me want to open up my eyes and called out for them.

"Mom...Dad..." My voice was hoarse. My throat was so dry like I had been out for another two weeks or so.

"Oh thank goodness. How are you feeling?" Mom asked right away. Dad was wearing the same worried expression as Mom and I forced a smile to make them feel better.

"I'm fine Mom, Dad. I'm just very sleepy," I told them when in a matter of fact, I only wanted to sleep away the pain.

"You've been sleeping for two weeks. Don't come and tell me that you're still sleepy," Dad said in a playful scolding manner. My guess was that Mom and Dad didn't know that I was conscious this afternoon before Jenna attacked me.

"Are you in pain, sweetheart?" Mom asked and I nodded, not lying at all.

"Just my arm, it's stinging."

"I've given you the strongest painkiller so you should be fine for the next 24 hours. I will continue to monitor. My advice now is not to move your right arm too much because it is deeply wounded," the doctor spoke up after I told mom about the pain in my arm. I just nodded at him, indicating that I understood what he said.

"Why don't you just bandage her wound?" Dad questioned.

"I can't because the wound still needs to breathe and heal naturally. Bandaging it will only make it worse," the doctor explained. "If there's nothing else, I'll make my leave first. I'll come back again to check on you first thing in the morning tomorrow."

"I believe you two are tired too. Go and have a rest. I'll make sure that this time, Promise will be safe under my care," Jayson said to my dad. I almost had forgotten of him being in that room since he was quiet since I opened up my eyes.