That Friendly Alpha [11]

"I know you're having some problems," Mom said as I helped her chopped some onions. Mom's instinct, I thought.

"I don't feel like sharing, Mom," I told her truthfully.

"I wasn't even going to ask but I just want to tell you that it's going to be okay if you know how to handle the situation right. I'm not very fond of you skipping school but if that helps with handling your problem, then I will have to just hope that your problem solves soon."

"Does your problem involves the people in the pack?" Mom asked shortly after and I just nodded. "Then you better get into your room now. Most of them are gonna reach home from school any time now. It's okay, I'll finish up preparing the lunch."

"Thanks Mom," I said and walked over to her, needing a hug. I knew it wasn't going to help much especially with the lump in my throat but I gotta be grateful for an understanding Mom.

"I know you're strong, sweetheart. Go on in."

"If anyone look for me, don't let them in my room okay?"

"Yes, sweetheart. Now go."

* * *

I had spend the time in my room doing what I thought was productive. I managed to take a long cooling shower and then slowly brushed my hair. I read a book and I was totally into the situation in it that I forgot I even had problems to handle.

But then I was quickly reminded of it when Jenna entered my room and then locked it behind her. "Hi," she said and awkwardly walked to me.

"I'm not feeling too good. I'd want to have my rest," I said to her.

"No Promise, we have to talk first," Jenna forced and then sat on the floor next to my bed, in front of me.

"What about?" I asked, groaning.

"Well, I just want to say that I feel you. I was upset and I didn't want to tell Bernard that we're mates because you're close to him. No, I'm not blaming you, you know. I just don't wanna hurt you if Bernard had to leave you for me. So what I'm saying is that you don't have to create any distance between me and Bernard. I feel you and I understand you and I wouldn't be so mean to separate you two best friends," Jenna continued talking as I just stared into the wall. I heard her but I didn't know how to respond. I had made Jenna not want to tell her mate because I was close to him and just like her, I wasn't blaming Leah either.

I guess we both only wanted the same - the best for our mates.

"Thanks," was all I said. I didn't realize I had tears in my eyes until I couldn't control the lumps in my throat at all and broke down, covering my face.

"It's okay Promise," I heard Jenna said as she moved to my right and started stroking my back.

I still couldn't get over how painful it was for me to hear all those words that came out of Jayson's mouth. I knew it was part of my fault for not telling him that we're mates but those words that he said had made me feel so rejected without even having to tell him.