That Friendly Alpha [13]

I woke up and felt my whole body stinging. I looked to my left and right and confirmed right away that I was in the clinic's room.

I tried to get up but gave up when I felt such an excruciating pain on my right arm and groaned loudly.

Suddenly the door croaked open and the pack's doctor, Neil came in, "Oh I see you're awake," he claimed with a wide smile. "I need to get Alpha Jayson here."

"Hey wait," I managed to voiced out after realizing how dry my throat was.

"Do you need anything?"

"Yes please, I want water," I choked and he was quick on my side, pouring me a glass of water which I finished in one gulp.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes but why does my right arm..."

"About your right arm, a portion of your skin was scraped away during the accident and since the truck banged onto a tree on the passenger's side, a branch manage to pierce through your bone. You should have started healing by now. Your body wasn't progressing well while you were unconscious so I hope it is now that you're awake. I'll check regularly but for now, I have to get Alpha Jayson as he had inform me to get him when you're awake."

I listened to the doctor attentively and let the new information sink in. I knew why my body wasn't progressing - my wolf wasn't within me.

"How is Alpha Jayson? He was also in the accident with me," I said to the doctor even though he probably already knew that. I wanted to know how Jayson was doing because the doctor kept saying he needed to get him like he was so fine.

"Oh he is fine. Perfect. Only you were injured because like I've said, the passenger's side banged onto a tree. Plus, Alpha Jayson was in his wolf form when the accident took place," the doctor answered and got up for the door. I guess he was annoyed at me bombing him questions but can he even blame me?

When he was at the door, I managed to call him again, "Please also get Alpha Bernard if he's around."

The doctor just nodded and left. I didn't know whether Bernard was in the house or not but I got the feeling that he was because I remembered getting a high fever a few months back and Bernard almost wanted to sleep over to take care of me.

And right now, at my state of condition, I believed that he would wanna stay too, to know about my condition. But back then, he didn't have a mate. I wasn't sure how Jenna would react to Bernard caring for me.

Speaking of the devil, the door to the room croaked open again and this time, Jenna got in. I acknowledged her and she just gave me a curt nod.

"Is Bernard here too since you're here?" I asked.

Jenna stood opposite me and stared at me impassively until she opened up her mouth. "Why are you asking for Bernard instead of your mate?"