𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

EVERY night my thoughts weigh heavily on my soul but every morning I get up to fight another day, every night I survive

EVERY night my thoughts weigh heavily on my soul but every morning I get up to fight another day, every night I survive. It was the same repeating cycle for the last couple of years, I lost count after the first few months. It was like a never-ending nightmare, a never-ending cycle of horror, it was like living the same dream over and over again with no escape, it was worse than hell.

But sometimes I tell myself everything happens for a reason. You can't just skip the chapters and go all the way to the end of the chapter for a happy ending. That's not how life works. You have to read every line and meet every character. You won't enjoy all of it. Some chapters will make you cry for weeks. There'll be moments where you won't feel like reading those chapters because of the pain it brings you, then there'll be those chapters where you won't want the pages to end because of the joy it brings you.

But you have to keep going right? But not every story has a happy ending and sometimes I wish I knew why the bad things in my life happened to me. Why do bad things happen to good people? I never get the logic behind that phrase that the purest souls go through the worst in life. There's no sense behind that logic. Bad people deserve bad things, and good people deserve good things. But are people fully bad or fully good?

I watched the water drip from my face as I splashed water onto it, staring at the mirror. I didn't know what emotion I wanted to present to others today. I debated in my head for a long time as time felt stilled around me but not really, the clock kept ticking and as much as I wanted that ticking to slow down, it isn't going to wait for me, it was going to keep going no matter what.

I got dressed in my school robes as I threw on my Slytherin robes, adjusting my tie on the large room mirror. I slipped on some flat black shoes and with a flick of my wand, my hair was done. My favorite part of being a wizard was probably it being easier to do my hair and not having to sit down as I watched the curling iron heat up for five minutes as I curled each strand one by one until I was completely done.

I grabbed my books for today's classes from my book collection as I twisted the doorknob of my room and headed out.

Sometimes I wish someone could realize the masking and ask you if you're okay. It'd be nice to hear that. To receive a genuine hug and not one out of pity and awkwardness.

I headed towards Transfiguration classes as Bonnie came along with me with her high joy spirits that warmed my heart. Her happiness brought me happiness.

"I'm excited for Transfiguration today, even though it makes zero sense sometimes, it's one of the most enjoyable classes with Professor McGonagall."

I smiled at her, suddenly forgetting all the bad things in life.

"I heard we were learning new spells this year since Umbridge didn't let us last year." I groaned as I slightly shook my head.

"I believe Dumbledore's Army was a great help, it allowed us to practice self-defense skills. You never know when you'll need it. I swear the Triwizard Tournament still haunts me."