𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

FLASHBACK SEVEN

FLASHBACK SEVEN

Distractions.

It was one of the best things in this universe until you had none, and then all you felt was hollow.

Empty, emptiness, that certain feeling where all the worst things that have ever happened to you — from minor details to the one that felt like a huge gust of wind — hurt you all over again.

All because you weren't able to occupy your mind any longer.

Distractions were your best friend, although, it's the devil in disguise because all they ever did was not allow you to heal properly.

I chose the devil every day, and I had no regrets, not yet.

I couldn't stop replaying that particular interaction in my head. I just couldn't. I didn't mean to think about it.

Although, all my head would do is think. As much as my thinking brought me answers — it also brought me immense misery. Immense misery.

Immense misery of unoccured events.

The only way I could think of allowing myself to think of it was to completely invest in my studies. So that's what I did.

I studied.

I studied every single chapter that was already taught and revised all previous assignments. I revised the chapters we were currently reading, and future chapters.

I went through every single one of my annotations, and highlights of each subject. I needed to occupy my mind, and this was the only way that seemed productive.

You enjoy doing your assignments in the library because it makes you feel more productive.

This was not helping — actually — this was doing the opposite of helping.

I just wanted to allow my brain to completely shut off.

It was quite impossible if you ask me.

"It's been almost three months since I've known you," he said, a cherishing smile on his face, "although it's like you grow mysterious by the second."

"If I spilled all my secrets right now," I said, "then it wouldn't be as fun, although, Mr. Corvus, women like to be chased."

"Is that how it is?" He questioned.

"If I needed to tell you that, then you don't know women at all," I added, "tell me now, why would a woman get on her knees for a man, is any man worthy of that?"

"I would say that is a trick question, so I will rhetorically answer it."

"Here I thought I was supposed to be the mysterious one, I see we have switched roles." I smiled.