𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

I stood straight at the entrance of the Slytherin common room—a few steps forward—as I stared at a figure of a person sitting on the couch, facing the fireplace

I stood straight at the entrance of the Slytherin common room—a few steps forward—as I stared at a figure of a person sitting on the couch, facing the fireplace. His platinum blonde hair and lack of response made it obvious who it was. Malfoy. Did stayed back?

I cautiously took a few steps towards the couch as he sat in a black jumper and sweats, with his back completely against the couch — he had a glass of which was probably alcohol in his hand as he twirled it around. My hands went for the edge of the couch as he slowly moved to face me, tilting his head as he stared at me intensely, eyeing me completely as I questioned his intentions. "It's ironic that even on break we find a way to be near each other. Hilarious," He spoke as I rolled my eyes.

"You're drunk."

"I don't know, am I?" He joked as he made a funny face looking my way, I took a deep breath. The day just kept getting longer by the minute.

"Clearly," I spoke as I sat on the arm of the couch. I eyed the bottle as it was more than half empty. He was drunk, and I was the only person there.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked, picking up the almost empty bottle and pointing it towards me.

"I don't drink." He gave a pouty face as I almost snorted looking away, not giving him the satisfaction of his comedic behavior.

"You're boring, Young."

"Such a nice compliment Malfoy, keep it up." I slid down onto the couch as I conjured a duvet, putting it around me as it brought warmth to my body.

I should've gone to my dorm room, instead, and relaxed in my bed but instead, I chose to sit here, and he sat on the opposite side of the couch, drunk. Though I didn't want to be alone out of all the people I'd rather be with right now, he would be on the bottom of the list. He turned his body towards me as I felt him shift on the couch, still facing the fireplace. "Why did you come back to Hogwarts?" He asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," I replied as he took a second before replying again, inching forward.

"I never left, but you did. So why did you come back?" I've seen Malfoy drunk before, but I've never seen him be this talkative and forward like this. Our conversations didn't last more than five minutes without it turning into a screaming match with Blaise or Theo pulling us apart at the end. "Family. What about you?"

"Something like that," he said as he rolled his wrists, stretching his arms out. I didn't know why whenever I was around him, I was always open. It scared me how comfortable I was with him while talking about my personal life. It was terrifying in a way. I threw my head back onto the couch, comfortably resting as I felt myself almost falling asleep. The warmth of the fireplace as I was wrapped in a thick duvet with a person I hated just a little less at the moment on the other side of the couch, drunk.

I'd rather be here than at home.

"Are you really going to fall asleep right now?" He questioned as I almost let out a groan, feeling my head feel heavy as I picked it up to look towards him.