𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"YOU'RE a complete idiot, you know that right?" I joked as I looked up at Blaise, who looked completely offended as he held his cards in his hands, not letting me get a peek

"May I remind you, that you could've used your number four-plus card to win but held off, and I won instead, I'd imply that you're an idiot." He looked through his cards individually as he took a minute—carefully processing what card to throw into the pile as he narrowed his eyes at me, making sure I wasn't trying to peek.

He places a card.

The plus-four card.

I look at the card for a brief moment as my eyes flicker up to him—as he's carefully studying me, observing me as my eyes flicker back and forth between the game pile, his eyes, and the handful of cards left in my hand. I take a deep breath as I straighten myself up, picking a card as I throw it into the pile.

The plus-four card.

"You're a fucking cheater," he muttered as he looked shocked, his lips parted—mouth open, as he's blinking furiously at me as slamming his mouth shut. "You cheated, you definitely cheated. You're a cheater—"

"I did not cheat Blaise, you're being dramatic," I giggled as I smiled at him—that was a bad move. I always smiled when I was nervous, which often people predicted that the person was lying—it felt like I had committed a crime. "I swear I didn't."

"You're lying and matter of fact I think you cheated in all of our previous games as well—you probably used that spell I taught you that makes you look at things, even when you're not looking at them I—I taught you that damn spell," he spoke in an offended tone as I pressed my lips shut, pushing my hair back as I let him continue. "You used the spell I taught you, against me?"

"I did not use a spell Blaise, and besides we still aren't done with the game, so you need to," I snapped my finger in his face, "shut it." I showed him the rest of the cards in our hands.

"Fine—fine then, we sit on opposite sides of the room because you are cheating." He blamed me as he got off of the bed, leaving me to lean back as my palm sunk into the soft cotton sheets of the bed, laughing at him. "Move."

"You can move, never said I would, I am perfectly comfortable, where I'm sitting," I bragged as he sat out the floor, the lines of his forehead appearing—an indication that he's pissed as I tried to suppress a laugh but wasn't sure how long I'd be able to hold it in. "These pillows are incredibly soft, I am highly comfortable Blaise. What about you? How's the wooden floor for you? Is it doing you any justice? Will the floor help you win the dance of thieves card game."

"The floor will certainly help me," he spoke, glaring. "The floor will prevent you from cheating and peaking at my cards. The floor is my new best friend and is certainly very comfortable. I appreciate your generosity a lot, Evelyn."