𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

"I'M not sure what you're talking about

"I'M not sure what you're talking about."

"The day when you barged into my apartment. You were blabbering about a lot of things – "

"I don't blabber – "

" – you were blabbering about quite a few things when you barged into my apartment — "

"I didn't barge in. I walked inside without you realizing." She raised her hand to motion her sarcasm. "I walked in."

I looked at her as she stared right back at me. Her faint smile, the shape of her pretty upturned eyes. Her hair was pulled in a low ponytail and her facial expressions were filled with sarcasm.

Then there was me, watching her with curiosity. I sat on the chair chewing on small ice cubes wanting answers so desperately. I hated not having answers.

"Is there something I don't know about?" I asked as her eyes moved away. "I feel like there's something huge I'm missing and I can't help but think you might have the answer to — "

"Evelyn."

I was between my words, holding a cup of ice. My heartbeat had picked up its pace so quickly. I could feel my stomach hurt from the anxiety of the moment. I didn't want to turn around.

I knew that voice so well.

It can't be.

I liked surprises, they were my favorite thing. But at moments like these, I wish they didn't exist.

It's like the decency to pull words out of my mouth wasn't in me anymore as I just stared.

"She usually always has something to say," Parkinson filled in the silence. "If you'd been the one to quiet her up, I would've asked you to come sooner."

"Hello, Pansy," her soft voice chimed in as her eyes moved over to the tall dark-haired woman next to me.

"I'd love to stay for the theatrics," she responded, "but I'd love to sleep in because I know there will be more tomorrow. Have a night to the three of you."

As she walked away my mouth still stayed gaped open? I wouldn't say open, just surprised. I thought I liked surprises. I guess not.

"I wasn't expecting to see you," I said, "I mean not at all but at the moment." I held the cup tighter.

"She speaks," she responded. Holding a bunch of books in her hand, she placed them onto the table, still looking over at me.

She analyzed me with her eyes carefully. He stood there silently. He was like a plant, just there for acknowledgment. Unlikely of him. Not that it concerns me.

"What brought you here — I mean, how did you know I was here?" I asked as the corner of her lips slightly turned up.

He stepped away, walking over to the round glass table. Picking up a bourbon glass as he poured himself some alcohol. Taking in the taste of it as he licked his lips. Tracing the glass patterns all over it.