𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

"ARE you going to your parent's house for winter break?" Amelia asked as I flipped back and forth through the pages of my homework, reorganizing them

"ARE you going to your parent's house for winter break?" Amelia asked as I flipped back and forth through the pages of my homework, reorganizing them. "Yeah, I actually am." Sadly. I spoke as I looked up at her. "Mother insisted that I come, she wants us to celebrate Christmas together."

"I love Christmas," she paused. "Do you enjoy it?" She asked as I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing would come out. Margarita and I used to celebrate Christmas all the time, it was our favorite holiday, and it was the best thing we used to do in existence—until she died. I hated Christmas. "It has its moments."

"Hmmm—well you can always visit my parents' house with me, we usually play board games and drink hot chocolate for the week—cozy and warm." She spoke as she went through her drawers, packing everything to leave in the morning. "That sounds like an amazing offer, Amelia, but my mother would be absolutely furious if I didn't attend it. It's my brother's favorite holiday, so it's counted as important." I hated winter break because I hated going home and doing things I despised in every shape or form. I enjoyed it until it was ruined by the universe.

The universe gave me a huge middle finger every chance it got. It's like the universe is secretly—not secretly at all—working against me.

"Is Bonnie leaving with her family as well?" She asked, changing the topic. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she is. She's very unpredictable, so she could literally change her plans to leave with Theo for his trip to Moscow." I talked as she chuckled, folding her clothes neatly as she added them to the towing pile that looked slightly slanted. "She's a very genuine friend."

"She is. She's like a sister to me." I talked about her as my mind drifted to the fact of how she has stuck by my side for almost six years now. Through ups and downs, we've had our fights and arguments, but those things didn't get to us, we were bigger than that. "We should all go to Hogsmeade together when we return from fall break," she proposed as I raised a brow. "That could actually be helpful with the competition next month."

"Ahh—how can we forget." She sighed, shaking her head. "Student of the year seems suitable for the chosen one." Amelia playfully rolled her eyes as I mocked her.

"Oh don't be dramatic, leave that to Ma—to me." I struggled as my thoughts raced back and forth, combining them into one sentence. "Who knows, you can possibly win," I spoke, as she zipped up her bag.

"Evelyn, Harry got chosen by putting his own name in the Goblet of fire, you seriously don't think any of us have a dying chance."

"Well, it's not like he purposely put it in there. George and Fred used an aging potion and couldn't get in, I vividly remember since I'm the one that helped them reverse the spell afterward at the Gryffindor common room." I spoke, as I began to walk around the room, explaining the story, one by one. "If they were here right now, they would've  been taking bets from their gambling booth like the Triwizard tournament."

"I totally forgot to ask, I've heard you and George were a thing, what happened between you guys?" She asked as I turned around to face her.

"He and I were more like a summer fling, so it didn't last long." I didn't completely lie, I just withheld the truth which isn't lying, technically.

The rest of the night Amelia and I continued to talk about the random things around Hogwarts, our lives, love lives—mine was nonexistent, and more about the cute guy that lives next to the vacation home that she randomly hooks up with. It's crazy how fast time passes when you're with a loved one, you're just living at that moment with no care of what time it is or what's happening around, it's you and them.

I ended up packing late at night in my dorm. I also packed my mother's favorite green dress she likes for me. Last week when we visited Hogsmeade, I actually ended up getting sweets for them such as chocolate frogs, licorice wands, sugar quills, and some acid pops. Even though my mother hates it when I bring too many sweets, she ends up liking all of it at the end of the day, so I'm not too worried.

|

"Have you got everything you need, Eve?" Bonnie asked as the trunk struggled to move against the platform.

"I've got everything I need, how about you?" I questioned. Almost all the school was leaving for winter break, rarely a few stayed back. I'll admit that I had thoughts of wanting to stay at Hogwarts than go home to my mother's traditions, I just hope everything runs smoothly. 

"I have everything I need."

We got inside the cabins of the train station as we began to settle down at our seats. Amelia's parents had picked her up since they had a completely different route, so it was just me and Bonnie. For once, she wasn't impulsive and decided to stay at home with her parents and then catch the trip with Theo to Moscow.

"Are you okay about going home for winter break?" Bonnie asked as my head looked up from my book. "There's no turning back now and besides my mother would have my head on a platter if I wasn't to attend since she wants it all perfect." I mocked my mother's voice and expression as a chuckle escaped Bonnie's lips.

"Hopefully it won't go too bad and if anything you can always visit me or go to your friend Margarita's house, right?" If I could visit the dead, I definitely would Bonnie. Sadly, I can't.

"Yes, I will let you know if anything happens." She smiled as I buried my face in my book again, mentally preparing my head for what was to come.