𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

EVELYN Young hated Draco Malfoy

That sounded too aggressive, scratch that.

Contemplating my emotions in my head as I sat in the Gryffindor dorm room—Hermione Granger's, to be specific. The silver stone walls and wooden floors creaked when you entered. Red curtains surrounded the windows; it was different from the Slytherin dormitories. The red and yellow carpet really tied everything together, as the house crest was right on the middle of the wall.

"Are you done observing?" Granger's voice interrupted my thoughts as I looked at her. She sat cross-legged, her skirt hitching up slightly as the sleeves of her sweater were rolled up to her elbows. Her hair pulled into a small low bun, cheeks the color of rosy. "Evelyn?"

"I was just looking around Granger," I smiled, "it's not every day a Slytherin gets to walk into a Gryffindor dormitory." I shifted my body to lay on my back against the harsh carpet that irritated my skin. "Do those lion paintings always stare at you at night?"

"We're supposed to be solving this sword," she sighed, "and the painting doesn't stare at me all the time. Although it is quite creepy to look at sometimes, I'll say." She looked up with me, the painting, moving around as the lion hopped around with the log of wood wiggling its tail. "It's cute as well, I'm not sure

"Unless you put cute in the same category as scary, then I'll agree." I laughed, turning my body, laying on my stomach as my hands hovered over the sword, the palm of hands lighting up — the shade of a light red, glazing my eyes as my body felt infused with magic. "So I can siphon magic, which isn't concerning at all. Don't you think Dumbledore should know something about this, or is he completely useless?"

"Professor Dumbledore isn't useless, he's been busy as well. We just aren't aware of where he is, though. Harry says that he's helping with the Horcruxes as well; he's in England right now. In Sussex, to be specific, it's in the South of East England."

"What could we possibly find in Sussex?" I questioned, rolling over to my side again, watching the palm of my hands glaze red as it faded away slowly. "He's been the least helpful in the search for the Horcruxes. The teenagers are doing all the work."

"He's been searching for something that Regulus left behind. Regulus Black, the brother of Sirius Black — Harry is his grandson."

"So the Black family and the Malfoy family are related to the Potter family? Is what you're telling me? Isn't that sort of weird. Wait — does that mean Potter and Malfoy are also related — distant cousins, maybe?"

"It's hard to explain, the pureblood are related to each other in some way, so you can put it like that to make more sense. Every pureblood is related to each other in some weird way. Sometimes it makes me feel happy that I was a muggle-born."

"I'd rather be a muggle-born than pureblood, it seems much more simple. Fewer regulations to follow, you don't have to care about who you fall in love with or who you associate with. Don't have to act like your royalty, it's absolutely pathetic. Like, why does being pure-blood make you superior? It all depends on how great of a witch you are."