𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

ONE day you're going to grow up and see how things are

I never got the chance to even live my childhood properly. Ever.

Your parents are supposed to be your first love, your protectors from the deepest darkest places of life, and the ones that take care of you. Parents are supposed to love you, take care of you, and understand you. Then why did I never get the chance to ever experience that? I feel like all this anger inside me, sadness, and trauma were all rooted because of them. They were the reason for all the deepest, lowest parts of my life.

Family isn't always blood. The word family is a big piece of bullshit, full of crap. It's complete utter shit. All of it. Every single inch of it and I hated it.

Growing up, I had a picture-perfect family. The family that lives in the imagination of every child that has had a broken household. It used to be my father, my mother, my older brother, and me. It was just the four of us together, living in a house. We used to be so happy together, all the time. It was perfect, it was everything I imagine now. Sometimes I think I took that time for granted but how can a five-year-old child take advantage of a childhood that had just begun?

My father and I had the best relationship. He was my best friend, he was everything to me. We had the best bond you can ever imagine, it was quite literally like a fairy tale. He used to wake me up every morning at five because there was a candy store that used to have the best sweets sold at six in the morning. He used to wait with me outside, so I could get them, they were the one thing I enjoyed every bit of.

My father also had a thing for photography. I remember to this day how happy he was when the first digital camera came out. I was standing in the line with him, holding his hand as he cheerfully waited to get it. He used to take pictures of us with it all the time, he enjoyed it a lot, it was his thing. Whenever we had bake day every Friday at home, he would wear a chef hat and put flour on our faces, so we all invested in it when it was mostly our mom baking it so all of us combined wouldn't result in the house burning down.

My mother and I never had a good relationship, ever. I never understood why until I found out that neither of my parents wanted me as their child, mostly my father. It was because I was a girl, we weren't the most likable genders back in the day. So I find it weird that my dad and I built up such an amazing relationship when he had such a liking for me.

Was it all a lie? Yes, it was.

One day my father introduced me to a woman, her name was Helena Chaim, pureblood just like my mom. I thought it was one of his work friends until I found out that she was soon to be my stepmother. That's when life went downhill because they all agreed to live together in one household, with four kids, three from my biological mother and one from my step-mother. It was very confusing why they would all agree on such a thing.

I still never found out to this day.

The constant fights and arguments every day were exhausting. Every day, I stood between them pushing them away from each other, so they wouldn't rip each other's throat's apart. I was only seven years old. The rest of my siblings didn't care at all, they were too busy playing along with each other, and I never got along with any of them. I only had one friend that lived upstairs, he was barely a friend, he was more of my brother's friend.