𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

I grunted internally as I felt the discomfort in my body as I slept on the couch

I grunted internally as I felt the discomfort in my body as I slept on the couch. My back hurt from the very uncomfortable position I was laying in all night. I slept on the couch. I did not sleep on the damn couch. I slept on the fucking couch. I moved as I stretched my back, slowly opening my eyes as the bright light from the sun reflected upon my eyes, making me look away. My head was laid upon the arm of the couch as I felt a huge weight on my body making me question my night once again.

Oh.

I looked down at the rest of my body as Malfoy rested upon it with his head on my chest completely oblivious. His arm was attached to my waist as I parted my lips to say or do something but had no thoughts in my head at all. I gulped as I threw my head back on the arm of the couch again as I gave myself a minute to think. I was quite literally trapped underneath him with no idea how it got to this.

That's when reality suddenly hit me and I practically huffed as I positioned my elbow against the cushioned couch and the other trying to push Malfoy off of me. I felt his breathing against my chest as I studied his face for a minute, how long delicate his lashes were, his porcelain clear skin as there was gentleness waiting for someone to awaken it; like gazing at the ocean waves for a ship to come. I realized looking at him as my hand was scrunched up in his soft platinum blonde hair as we slept against each other, comfortably, like a safe space.

My memories of last night returned in pieces as I remember him sweating, trembling from fear as he jolted up from my touch, immediately hugging me as if he was protecting me from something. I hadn't put much thought into it until right now. I remember him yearning for his mother as he spoke in immense pain. I wanted to know his secrets just like he knew mine, I wondered if one day we'd share them.

At that moment he woke up, scrunching his eyes from the sunlight as his eyes darted to me. His face wasn't too far away from mine as it made me remember how he kissed me last night to shut me up, how his lips felt so soft against mine with his minty-filled breath. No. Why am I thinking about him like this? Clear your head. Get something to eat, and restart your mind. It's like we were in the same spot we were last night as his eyes burned into mine and his eyes flickered down to my lips for just a split, just a split second which made me shift internally as I felt his face grow closer.

My immediate reaction was to push him off the couch. I pushed him off the damn couch. I did that. "Agh—Young what the fuck?" He groaned against the floor as I got off the couch, looking his way.

"Don't expect to apologize Malfoy," I spoke, walking over his body as I contemplated my life choices going up the girls' dormitory.

I had just been in my dorm for a couple of minutes when an owl chirped, sitting on the ledge of my window as it waited with a letter for me. I immediately took the letter, thanking the owl as it flew away. The note was from McGonagall, asking me for a favor.