𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

THE sun was shining brightly

THE sun was shining brightly. It was probably around seven in the morning. I squeezed my eyes shut from the bright lights. I didn't want to wake up, I felt exhausted. Every single bone in my body just felt completely numb, as if it had been rolled across sandpaper over and over again.

I pushed myself off the bed, taking a minute as I pressed my hands against my eyes, pushing my hair back. Walking towards the culinary as I pulled open the fridge, taking out whole wheat bread, popping it over to the toaster as I pulled out the eggs. I wasn't much of a cook, didn't try to learn it, ever, I didn't have to.

I cracked the egg against the edge of the pan as I let it fry. For a moment there, I wondered if I could just raise my hands or even just mutter a spell as all of this could've been cooked within a minute. But I couldn't. I needed to keep myself as occupied as I possibly could.

Salt and Pepper. Toasted Bread. Fried eggs.

Sitting by myself on the squared dining table, I flipped open the newspaper, both the American one and the Scotland one. I had kept the magical newspaper hidden beneath, muggles wouldn't be able to handle moving pictures without screaming as if they saw a mouse running around the house.

It was brightly sunny today, the weather had been quite awful the last couple of days. It was a mixture of snow and rain, back and forth. I couldn't decide on what clothing pattern to stick with because the weather couldn't pick what emotion it wanted to channel today. I guess that is someone I could relate to, I couldn't decide on what emotion I wanted to feel. It's like feeling everything just made me feel entirely numb. I couldn't decide if I liked it.

Hair up or down? I stared at myself in the mirror. Down it is. Brushing out the front strands as I pulled my hair into a low ponytail. Applying toothpaste onto the brush as I began to brush my teeth, was one of my least favorite moments of the day. I was stuck with brushing my teeth for sixty seconds, as I stared at myself in the mirror and couldn't help but see things I didn't want to see.

A button-up shirt with black pants will do. Grabbing all my necessary paperwork, along with a bottle full of water. Necklace — I needed my necklace. Where was my necklace? Where was it? I went back to my room, shuffling through papers, documents, pens, and pencils. I looked through the jewelry holder, but I couldn't find it. There it was, on my bedside table.

Heading out of the apartment, I closed my door, locking it.

"Good morning, Evelyn," my lovely neighbor called out to me. Well, I wouldn't call her so lovely. I remember her knocking on my door at three in the morning when she lost her cat, and then again when her boyfriend broke up with her. Then she would telephone me every morning at two, so she could fall asleep, but then it stopped all of a sudden when she started dating someone, again.

"Good morning, Lily, how have you been?" I asked as I played with my necklace, around my neck. "Have the cats been feeling well? Did the doctors say anything yet?"