𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

IT was the middle of the night as I laid on the soft comforters of my bed, my fingers playing around with the cotton sheets

IT was the middle of the night as I laid on the soft comforters of my bed, my fingers playing around with the cotton sheets. If someone were to ask me to recall everything that had happened in the past week, I wouldn't know how to answer. My mind had been in a completely different place, with so many thoughts and questions. The thing I hated more than anything in this world is when I didn't have the proper answers to something. Not having answers would just lead me to the fact of over-thinking about every single scenario in my life till I got the answer that satisfied me, but then I'd make myself think that the answer I have, isn't even accurate.

My life has been a huge fight against the universe, a fight that I could never solve. Every night I swallowed a Sleeping Draught down my throat, a way to just let my mind escape from the thoughts and just sleep, but then there were the nightmares. I would always wake up at exactly six in the morning. It was terrifying, at some points I would sleep with every single light on in my room out of paranoia.

Kami hadn't been feeling either. She hadn't been sleeping in her usual spot which was on my bed or my side table. She didn't like cat beds or  cushioned sofas, she liked to sit on cardboards, trying to fit herself in the smallest place to see if it's comfortable and playing around with her very noisy toys, but I didn't mind. Though she hadn't been doing either of those, all she did was lay down in the corner of my room, not wanting to interact with anything much, drinking a lot of water, and just isolating herself completely.

"Don't tell me you've thrown up again," I groaned, getting out of bed. "This is your fifth time this week, you don't usually do this." A slight frown on my face, along with confusion. Cats throwing up once in a while was considered normal but anything more than that was just considered unhealthy. My hand traced with the corners of her ears, bopping her nose a little as my hand ran over her soft furry body. "Alright, let's take you to see Madam Pomfrey, she may know something."

I grabbed a small cardigan, wrapping it around me as I picked her up, a small whimper coming from her mouth as I brought her face up to look at me, she was feeling terribly sick. Taking out a thin brown blanket, as it matched the color of her fur, I wrapped it around her gently, keeping her from catching a cold as I picked her up. Her small head rested on my forearm as I dipped my head down to leave a small kiss on her forehead.

It was about to be nightfall when I stepped out of the dorms quietly, my hand running over the cat's body to keep her calm as I basically tiptoed my way into the hallways. Whispering a Lumos spell as I looked in all directions making sure no one was around. I often isolated myself from people, pushing them away when I wasn't in the right mindset physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Pushing the doors open as I stepped inside, the cool breeze pushing the strands of my hair back. My head peered in all directions as I took a couple of steps forward, "Madam Pomfrey?"

The room was completely silent, for a minute I had regretted coming into the room, a sense of security building up in my mind as I looked down, the palm of my hands glowing red as I shook my head. I had no idea how to control the power I had supposedly inherited, had no clue that I even had it until a week ago. Safe to say I had no clue what I was doing and at the moment I wasn't even sure if I wanted to.