Series 3 Chapter 7

The Real Truth
Series 3 Chapter 7

Harry stepped out of the shadows and into Draco's study where the boy was working at his desk.

"Doing homework?" Harry asked.

Startled, Draco jumped and whipped his head around, "The hell Harry? Why- How do you even keep doing that?!"

Harry laughed, "I told you the first time I ever came, I walked through the shadows."

Draco raised an eyebrow. Harry rolled his eyes and stepped back into the shadows he'd emerged from, re-appearing on the other side of the room.

"Harry?"

Harry watched as Draco got up and walked over to where he had been standing.

"Believe me now?" He said walking out.

Draco spun around, "Wha- How?"

"Shadow traveling." Harry told him, "It's a power that comes with my Animagus form."

"What's your Animagus form?"

"A shadow hound."

Draco crossed his arms and waited. Harry rolled his eyes again knowing that the blond wouldn't let up until he actually showed him. Taking a breath Harry tried to change into his Animagus form, he'd neve done it on purpose before, but there had been a few times that he'd accidentally transformed.

When he saw Draco's mouth start to hang open he assumed he'd done it. He confirmed this theory when he looked down and saw that he had paws.

"I don't get how Sirius likes this..." he mumbled though it came out as an uncomfortable whine.

Becoming himself again Harry straightened his robes, "Bloody hell that was weird."

Draco tilted his head, "You say that like you've never done that before."

"I haven't."

Draco's eyes widened.

"But anyway, the reason I came... My father knows."

"Knows what?"

"About us being mates."

Draco paled.

"It's ok though because he's cool with it." Harry quickly told him.

"he's cool with it?" Draco repeated, the last few words almost sound foreign on his tongue.

"Yeah. Apparently the only reason that people's opinions changed about the only acceptable couple having to be male and female was because that's what muggles decided on. There would be no such things as homophobia if it weren't for muggle borns. Having mates, regardless of gender, is a tradition forgotten by many pure-blood families, including your own."

Draco looked mortified at that and he paled more, "You mean-... We changed our views to fit the muggles...?"

"Over a course of time without realizing it, yes."