Series 4 Chapter 10

The Real Truth
Series 4 Chapter 10

Harry scrunched his eyes at the sunlight that came in from his window. He turned over, pulling his sheets up tighter around him, not wanting to get up. Outside of his room Hermione stepped out of her room, a bright smile on her face. She practically ran from their common area to the bottom of the stairs, waving at the accessional Death Eater as she walked through a manor. When she reached the arrival room she smirked, they were here.

"Thanks for bringing him Lucius." Hermione told the aristocrat.

"You talk about me as if I'm some sort of package." Draco told her.

Hermione shrugged, "Well you being here is my gift to Harry so-"

Draco scoffed, "He would've invited me anyway."

Lucius shook his head, "Only inner circle members and family are welcome here Draco. You and Narsissa have been the only exceptions to that."

Draco looked up at his father, "But I'm an exception, I've been here before twice so shouldn't I be able to come here now?"

"Still a no, the wards may let you in, but you cannot come here on your own."

Draco crossed his arms.

"Don't worry about it loverboy, you and Harry can still make out at your place." Hermione said, waving him off.

Draco glared at her.

"Anyway, c'mon. Harry's still asleep so you can surprise him."

Draco said a goodbye to his father before following Hermione out of the arrival room. They walked through various halls, Bellatrix saw them and ran up to give Hermione a hug, telling her happy birthday. Hermione smiled and gave her Godmother a hug back. Bellatrix even pulled Draco into a hug, muttering about not being able to see her nephew enough. Draco stiffened but still hugged her back, making Hermione laugh at how awkward he looked. When Rodolphus finally pulled Bellatrix away, wishing Hermione a happy birthday, she and Draco continued on their way to Harry's room. When they reached the loft area Hermione pushed open the double black doors that led to the room that joined her's and Harry's.

"I'll be in my own room." Hermione told Draco.

The blond nodded and walked over to the steps. Hermione went back to her own room, after all, it was still fairly early in the day and she could get a few hours of reading done before breakfast at eight.

Draco slightly pushed open the door to Harry's room, peaking in to see if his boyfriend was still asleep. Seeing a lump in his bed, Draco guessed that he was and walked in. He carefully walked over to Harry's bed, not wanting to wake him. He stood by the edge of the bed, not really sure on what to do. Suddenly, Harry stirred and rolled over, Draco jumping, thinking he was awake. When Harry didn't move after that Draco let out a breath.

"Merlin this is stupid." He muttered.

He was about to turn and leave when he felt an arm wrap around his waist. Harry pulled him down into the bed, a smirk on his face.

"What the- Harry! I thought you were asleep!"

Harry's eyes opened, "Who's to say I'm not?"