Series 1 Chapter 7

The Real Truth
Series 1 Chapter 7

Harry was sitting, lost in thought when Hermione's voice brought him out of his void of thoughts.

"Harry? Are you even listening?"

"Huh?"

Hermione shook her head and sighed. "We we're asking what you were thinking about." She motioned to herself and Ron.

"Oh- sorry."

"It's fine."

"I was thinking about my sister... I mean-... I just can't help but wonder about who she is or if she's ok..."

"Oh...."

Hermione got up and put a hand on Harry's shoulder, "I'm sure she's fine Harry."

Ron looked between them then gasped.

"Ron?"

"Hermione, what was it you were saying yesterday? About Harry being like a brother to you?"

"Like we knew each other before we met?"

"Exactly!"

Her eyes widened, "Ron, you can't possibly be thinking..."

He just nodded along.

"It would explain why you triggered the memory of my sister..." Harry said, he looked up at Hermione.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to go to Gringots to check..." Hermione said.

Ron grabbed their arms and pulled them to the floo. He then left and started dragging everyone downstairs.

"Ronald! What in Merlins name are you doing?!" Molly yelled, getting fed up with Ron's antics.

"We need to go to Gringots! Hermione has to get a blood test!"

"Why would Hermione need a-" the room went silent for a moment as people realized what that meant.

Molly led them up to an empty booth.

"We need to get a blood test." She told the goblin. "We're requesting Ragnok."

The goblin at the counter nodded and soon Ragnok appeared and led them to the same room as last time.

"Five drops." He told Hermione.

Just like Harry had done, Hermione slit her finger and let the blood fall onto the parchment.

Hermione Jean Granger
Father - Dave Granger - Blood adoption - Alive
Mother - Jean Granger - Blood adoption - Alive

Hermione bit her lip as she waited for her real parent's names to appear, if they were magical.

Father - Tom Riddle - Birth - Alive
Mother - Elizabeth Burke - Birth - Deceased

Hermione grabbed the parchment with shaking hands.

"Ron was right." Her voice barely above a whisper. She looked up at Harry, "We're siblings."

Ginny gasped.

"I guess I won't be the only one wanting questions answered now then." Harry said with a smirk.

Hermione jokingly shoved him, smile apparent on her face.

"Wait... check and see if you have any spells, blocks, and or potions on you." Harry told her.
Hermione nodded then turned back to Ragnok who pulled out a piece of parchment and set it onto the table.

"Eight drops."

Hermione again slit her finger and allowed eight drops of blood to fall onto the parchment. They watched as a list, still longer than it should've been, but shorter than Harry's, appeared on the parchment.

Spells
Blood Adoption - tied to Dave and Jean Granger - age four - Albus Dumbledore
Glamour - tied to Dave and Jean Granger - age four - Albus Dumbledore
Oblivio - age four - Albus Dumbledore
Blocks
Wandless Magic - 96% active - Albus Dumbledore
Potions
Loyalty/Trust - tied to Albus Dumbledore and Gryffindor - Albus Dumbledore
Hate/Distrust - Tied to Voldemort, Slytherins, and Malfoys - Albus Dumbledore

Hermione stared at he list. It was practically identical to the one Harry had been given.

"Can you remove everything except the blood adoption?" She asked.

Ragnok nodded, "Follow me."

Hermione left the room, went down the same halls and entered the same room Harry had.

"Drink these then step into the circle." Ragnok handed her five potions.

Hermione did as she was told, the circle made out of runes lit up once she stepped foot into it and chanting started. A brief sense of pain and she was out cold.

Harry paced the room, according to the twins and Ron, Hermione had been out for now 27 minutes longer than Harry had.

"Harry calm down." Ron told him.

"Ron, her list was shorter then mine so why would she be in there longer then me?"

"It's probably nothing-"

The door opened and Ragnok walked in followed by a girl. She had long black hair that faded into a dark honey brown, cascading over her shoulder falling in perfect ringlet curls. Her skin was paler and her eyes now hazel.

"What took so long?" Harry asked.

"I may have kinda fainted." Hermione said awkwardly.

Fred and George burst out laughing.

"Harry, didn't you say you two were twins?" Ron asked.

"Yeah."

"Then why do you and Hermione look so different?"

Harry and Hermione shared a look, then looked back at Ron.

"Because of the blood adoption." They said at the same time, then immediately looked at each other again, surprised.

"That happens a lot." Fred and George said in unison.

The four laughed as the group made their way back to the floo network to return to the burrow.