Series 2 Chapter 20

The Real Truth
Series 2 Chapter 20

On Harry's way back to the Gryffindor common room he was confronted in one of the halls.

"Why were you acting so weird at dinner? And why aren't you wearing your glamour?"

Harry quickly shushed Draco and made sure all the paintings were asleep before he led him to an empty classroom. Harry cast a silencing charm around them before he got to explaining.

"Dumbledore had expected me to get my creature's inheritance this year, so my father told me to tell him I did. When you get your creature's inheritance you also get a blood test so I would've found out, like I did last time, that he was my real father. I was acting weird since getting on the platform so that people would notice and in case Dumbledore looked back there wouldn't be a sudden change of behavior."

Draco was silent for a moment, processing the information, before letting out a sigh of relief.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, an eyebrow raised.

"The way you'd acted ever since getting off the train, after me being with you the entire ride for the first time, how you barely even glanced at me during dinner before looking away, how you were always so stiff. I thought you were second guessing being my boyfriend." Draco admitted.

Harry was surprised, he never would've expected Draco to be so open. Slytherin's, especially Malfoy's, were known for their emotionless mask.

"Draco." Harry's voice sent a shiver down Draco's spine, "It may have taken me months to realize that I had feelings for you but believe me when I say that I have never once doubted them since then."

Draco was caught off guard, as he usually was around Harry. The boy was so spontaneous that Draco never really knew what to expect. He started into the green eyes he constantly found himself lost in and nodded.

Harry let out a breath of his own. He stared into Malfoy's silver eyes, that sometimes shown as a soft blue when hit by the light just right. Without even realizing it, Harry had kissed Draco, who was kissing back. Draco's hands soon found themselves entangled within Harry's hair and Harry had put his hands around Draco's waist pulling them closer to deepen their kiss. They only broke apart for short breaths, Harry's tongue finding its way into Draco's mouth where they danced together, as if fighting for dominance. Harry won. After kissing each other breathless they finally broke apart. Draco, seeming to just realize what happened, started to blush, causing Harry to laugh.

"That's not funny. You just caught me off guard." Draco said, crossing his arms.

"If that came from catching you off guard then I plan to do it more often." Harry told him, causing Draco's small blush to increase.

"Next time it'll be the other way around." He said smugly.

"Can't wait."

Harry winked before walking off and letting down the silences game charm, leaving a muttering Draco behind.

When Harry got back into the Gryffindor common room McGonagall was giving her speech to the first years. He silently thanked the process of holding first years in the common room before letting them find their dorms as McGonagall stumbled on her words, hence seeing him. Harry knew that she'd already made the connection between him and Voldemort. He watched with a smirk as the color drain from her face as she watched the heir to Slytherin walk over to his fellow Gryffindor friends.