Series 3 Chapter 15

The Real Truth
Series 3 Chapter 15

Ever since Harry realized the true extent of his power he never held it in anymore, trying to get used to it. It took the whole inner circle by surprise when he showed up to training and his magic filled the room. He didn't lose a single duel that day and had gone four hours instead of three. Snape had thoroughly lectured him again after every duel but whenever Harry got a glance at him the man had a slight smile on his face. Voldemort had even decided to start teaching Harry how to cast the Killing Curse, much to the teen's uncomfort. He'd also started trying to practice holding in his emotions more. He raised his Occlumency shields and spent more time throughout the day working on his mindscape. He now had animals roaming through this forest with fields of underbrush throughout the dense trees. He had plenty of poisonous plants and sinkholes along with random water spots deep enough to drown someone. It was vigorous work but Snape had taken it upon himself to make sure that Harry's mind was as secure as possible. His relationship with the man had grown stronger over the past half year, Harry and even started calling him Severus instead of Snape. Harry had even told him about his bet with Draco and the man just shook his head and said that it was foolish, though Harry could hear the humor in his voice.

Harry and Hermione were to go back to Hogwarts the next day and they were currently packing.

"I still don't get why we have to go to the Weasleys tonight." Harry drawled for about the twentieth time in the past hour.

"Because they wanted to take us to the station, besides, Dumbledore sent a letter telling us to." Hermione told him again.

"Still. Sometimes I wish I could just drop the whole act and scare the socks off of him. Why does he get to decide where we have to go?"

"Because, Harry, he's our magical guardian. He can do that."

"Yeah, yeah." Harry grumbled while putting the rest of his things into his trunk.

"If you actually put effort into learning the Killing curse you could drop the act at any moment." Voldemort told him from the doorway.

Harry narrowed his eyes, "I don't want to snap at someone and then accidentally kill them."

"That is exactly why you must control your emotions."

"Yeah, you keep telling me that." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Because it's true. At least until you're out of school."

"I know, I know."

Voldemort nodded, "Are you both ready to leave?"

"Yup." They said in unison.

"Good. You have to leave in afew minutes."

Harry snapped his trunk closed and stood up, "C'mon Hermione, I'll shadow us."

Hermione stood up and grabbed Harry's arm.

"You'll be back in a few months. Just try not to hurt anyone." Voldemort told them.

Harry and Hermione nodded and walked through the shadows to the Weasleys.

"Hermione!" Ginny squealed and ran up to hug the girl, "Finally another girl!"

Harry shook his head, amused at the light blush that appeared on his twin's face. Hermione hugged Ginny back and Fred bumped Harry's shoulder. He signaled to Hermione and Ginny and Harry just shrugged. Fred narrowed his eyes as if he was suspicious but let it go.