Series 4 Chapter 18

The Real Truth
Series 4 Chapter 18

Hadrian grabbed a carriage with Hermione and Ginny. Once the thestrals started on their way towards the castle Hadrian spoke.

"Ok so, we're dropping the act this year."

A surprised look crossed Ginny's face, "What?!"

Hermione nodded, "There's no point to. Dumbledore isn't our legal guardian anymore so he can't do anything to us, and our father thinks that were strong enough to hold our own against him incase he tries anything."

"Yeah, though if he asked us anything about it we'll deny it, after all, can't have us admitting to siding with our father or else he can show the ministry the memory and we'll be arrested." Hadrian added.

"So, you're both just going to stop acting like Harry Potter and Hermione Granger?" Ginny asked.

Both Hadrian and Hermione nodded.

"And I..." Hermione began, "I want to start going by my given name again, like Hadrian."

Hadrian beamed and pulled his twin into a hug. Hadriel smiled and returned the embrace, Ginny grabbing her hand from across from her and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Also, after the feast Her-Hadriel," Hadrian shot Hadriel an apologetic smile, "and I will have to go to Dumbledore's office. Everyone with a creature's inheritance will be getting it on their eighteenth birthday, so he will expect for Hadriel to have gotten hers."

Ginny furrowed her brows, "Why on their eighteenth birthday? Why not their seventeenth since that's when they get their magical inheritance?"

Hadrian bit his lip, since he didn't know the answer, but Hadriel spoke up, "Both of them greatly increase and change things about you, such as your magic. They are a year apart since it would be too much for the body if you got them both all at once. Kind of like how our memories didn't come back all at once."

Ginny nodded, "Is there anything I could do to help?"

"Does Dumbledore know about yours and Hadriel's relationship?" Hadrian asked.

Ginny and Hadriel shared a look, both of them shrugging.

"Probably." Hadriel said.

"It's not like we've tried to keep it a secret." Ginny added.

Hadrian nodded, "Then you should make it seem as though you're pissed off at Dumbledore-"

"Not exactly a challenge." Ginny interrupted him.

Hadrian smirked slightly, "And be prepared. He might call you up to his office and ask you about Hadriel and I. He might even try to convince you into breaking up with her, like he did to me with Draco."

Ginny's gaze hardened, "Nothing is going to make me break up with Hadriel." She said in the matter-o-fact tone that Hadriel used so often.

Hadriel smiled and moved to sit next to her girlfriend, kissing her on the cheek. Hadrian smiled at the two of them, subconsciously he looked over at where Draco sat in his own carriage with Blaise, and Pansy.

When they got to the Great Hall, Hadriel sticking by Hadrian's side, all eyes were on her as she had dropped her glamour in the carriage, realizing that it was completely pointless to have it up. Hadrian could tell that it made his twin very uncomfortable so he draped an arm across her shoulder, trying to distract her with conversation as he glared at anyone who was looking. Ginny laughed at Harry's behavior and grabbed Hadriel's hand, the three of them sitting down together at the Gryffindor table. Hadriel smiled at both of them, she never doubted how grateful she was to have them in her life.