Series 2 Chapter 2

The Real Truth
Series 2 Chapter 2

Harry, Ron, and Hermione made their way down to the train. Things had gone by quite nicely. Sirius had woken up, Harry passed his Owls, and nothing had happened with Dumbledore or Voldemort. He took a deep breath as he and his friends walked down to the Hogsmead station.

"So," Draco appeared on the other side of Harry, "it was Granger all along."

Hermione blinked, "Wha-"

"Spare it. My father told me what happened at the ministry." Draco told her.

Hermione looked at Harry for help.

Harry shrugged, 'There's no point in trying to deny it'

'But-'

'Hermione. You dropped your glamour in front of the entire inner circle.'

'...fine..'

Draco turned to Harry, "That's why you didn't want her called a mudblood."

"I don't want anyone called a mudblood." Harry shot back at him.

Draco scoffed, "You're way to nice. Muggle borns ruin the Wizarding world. They deserve to be called Mudbloods."

Harry rolled his eyes, "We need them."

"Whatever. I bet Granger here is just glad not to be one."

"I don't care what I am, Malfoy."

"Oh really? Because I think you're acting all high and mighty against me just because your father is the dark lord."

"At least I don't run to him to solve all my problems like a baby."

Draco scoffed, he sent a glare to Hermione then walked back to his friends.

"I still don't understand how you stand him." Ron said bitterly.

"Sometimes I find myself wondering the same thing Ron." Harry said shaking his head.

"He's a real git at times." Hermione agreed, "Just because we know that he's our father doesn't mean we want anything to do with him."

Harry looked up at the sky. The more he'd thought about it since the night of the face off, the more he didn't hate Voldemort or his Death Eaters. They just fought for their beliefs, the exact same as what the light was doing. Dark magic was used one both sides of the war, the "Dark" side just took more of a liking to it. Every time Harry looked back on what happened the more his own beliefs started to change. He'd found out that a lot of Wizarding customs had been thrown out just to accommodate those coming into the Wizarding World. Ways of a community shouldn't change just because new people don't understand them, the people coming in should be introduced to the new ways at a young age, to get used to them.

"Right Harry?"

Harry was brought out of his thoughts, "Huh?"
Hermione rolled her eyes and repeated herself, "Just because we know he's our father doesn't mean we want anything to do with him."

"Oh- uh, yeah." Harry lied.

They found an empty compartment and Harry relaxed into his seat, looking out the window as he always did. The scenery seemed to calm him.