Series 3 Chapter 13

The Real Truth
Series 3 Chapter 13

Harry was sitting on a hill outside, he wrapped his hands around his knees and looked up at the sky. His hair blew ever ever so slightly in the wind and he closed his eyes, liking the feeling of the breeze brushing against his face. However, his peace was interrupted when a certain redhead sat down next to him. Harry silently casted a silencing charm, knowing that another argument would soon come.

Harry looked over at a red faced Ron. He sat stiffly, his arms crossed, and staring straight ahead of him.

"What do you want?" Harry asked.

Ron was silent for a moment before he chose to open his mouth, "Mum made me come out to apologize to you." He muttered angrily.

Harry raised an eyebrow, "Well?"

"I'm not gonna. I've done nothing wrong."

"Actually you did get me killing the Dursley's wrong. I haven't done that one, yet."

Ron whipped his head around and stared at Harry.

"Wha-"

"I can't convince you otherwise Ron. Besides, I don't really want to. You were annoying as heck and got mad over the littlest things. I bet you that the only reason you wanted to be my friend in the first place was because I was 'The Harry Potter', or 'The boy who lived', everyone's so called savior."

"So-... I was right?"

Harry laughed, "I told you about everything Ron. You know that I joined Voldemort after my birthday. You know that I've been learning magic under him since then. The only thing you didn't know is that I have yet to cast the killing curse and kill the Dursley's."

Ron was speechless and Harry smirked, "I told you at the beginning of the year that I wouldn't protect you anymore, next time that Voldemort plans to kill you I won't stop him. You refuse to open your eyes and choose to stay ignorant. You're a poor excuse for a wizard."

Ron glared at him, "And what have you done that makes you so great?" He spat.

"I've manipulated Dumbledore, effectively gained the strongest crucio ever cast, managed to turn your whole family against you, and be so Slytherin that I was put into Gryffindor."

Ron scoffed, "Those all make you a 'dark wizard'."

Harry shrugged, "Maybe in your eyes but I'm still not as bad as Dumbledore. Did you know that he's cast the killing curse multiple times, manipulated thousands, and was responsible for how Tom Riddle turned out? If he hadn't marked him as evil from the day he met him and have given him a chance my father probably wouldn't have chosen fear as the way to achieve what he wanted. He could've done it legally as a highly respected ministry official. Not to mention Dumbledore killed my mother."

Ron glared and Harry and stood up, his fist balled, "And why should I believe you? You're just spewing rubbish about the greatest wizard of all time to make yourself look better."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Believe what you want Ron, I'm just saying the facts."

"You and your entire family are bloody prats."

"Is that the best insult you got? It's very weak."

Ron turned even redder in the face and his knuckles started to turn white.

"How about next time instead of insulting me and my family you just shove a sock in your mouth? No one insults the people I care about and gets away with it. You should know that better than anyone." Harry glared at him.

"Little you could do, you can't pull your wand out on me, everyone would see." Ron smirked at him, "You can't touch me."

"Oh please, like I need a wand."

"You may be able to levitate a few chess pieces but you're too weak to do anything else. You should've just killed your mental father when you had the chance."

That tipped Harry over the edge, he didn't even realize he'd done anything until Ron was wreathing on the ground screaming. Harry stared in shock at the red head, quickly casting an illusion charm around them so it would look like Ron had just laid down instead of having fallen to the ground and started rolling around in pain. Harry quickly let up the spell that he hadn't realized he'd even cast. All he'd done was glance at Ron. Harry looked at his hands, he hadn't moved them, he hadn't even made a sound, yet he'd crucio'd Ron, and judging by the screams... it was a powerful one too.

Ron spit out some blood, "What the bloody hell was that?!" He yelled.

Harry didn't reply, his gaze was lost and he was trapped in a daze. He'd wandlessly and wordlessly cast the cruciatus curse, what was supposed to be one of the hardest curses to pull off, on his former best friend. At the same time he'd thrown up an illusion spell. His magic was swirling dangerously around him, every now and then it made his skin tingle. There was an odd feeling in his chest. It wasn't guilt or sympathy. It was different from joy. It was something, something like... ecstasy. Harry gave a cut laugh, the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. He'd wandlessly and wordlessly cast the cruciatus curse. Realization dawned on Harry and he started to feel the sheer power behind his magic. It was more than he'd ever felt before and he relished in it. It spread out and circled around him and Ron, filling up all the space within, making it almost suffocating and practically visible.

Ron looked around, his eyes darting from place to place, seeing an electrifying green out of the corners of his eyes every time Harry's magic grew visible. Ron looked at Harry and squeaked, his eyes were glowing, one was an alive crimson red while the other was a blinding killing curse green, just like the green he saw in the teens magic. He heard Harry laugh. Just one quick, breathless laugh. Harry started grinning. He looked over at Ron who was still lying on the ground, blood running down from the corner of his mouth, eyes wide and filled with terror. Harry slowly made his way over to him, lifting his chin with one finger making Ron look him directly in the eyes.

"You'd do well to remember this Ronnykins. You've successfully made me mad enough to reach an even stronger point in my magic and now that I know it's there I'm only gonna work on it to grow. Believe me when I say that next time I won't let you up until you're in a pool of your own blood, breaths away from your own death. Then I'll heal you and do it over again." His voice was smooth and calm, making it sound even more horrifying to Ron, "If you mention this to anyone then it'll happen even sooner."

He paused as if thinking of something, "Since Moly sent you out to apologize and since I don't want anything to do with you, we'll say you did but we're not going to be friends again. How shall I put it, acquaintances, that don't get along but they keep their problems to themselves. We don't talk unless we have to and you stay away from me. If I hear that you uttered one bad word about anyone I care about ever again you will find yourself subjected to much, much worse than I could ever do."

With that said Harry shoved Ron's face away and stood up, "I hope that you clean up that blood before you go inside. We wouldn't want anyone knowing of our 'little chat' now would we?"

Harry turned and walked away, back towards the burrow. Ron stared at him and tried to get up, not wanting to stay out here for too long that it was suspicious. He winced but pushed himself into a sitting position. Painfully wiping away the blood that was on his face Ron took a deep breath. He'd have to wait awhile for the pain to become bearable so he could walk.