Series 4 Chapter 19

The Real Truth
Series 4 Chapter 19

"Father?"

It had been a few weeks since Hadrian and Hadriel's A few weeks had passed ever since Hadrian and Hadriel's conversation with their headmaster. It wasn't a surprise when everyone was shocked at the realization Hadrian and Hadriel were twins, as well as their use of their actual birth names. Well, except for the select few who already knew. Seeing as it was their last year in Hogwarts, the teachers had gotten very strict about them thinking about their future. Hadrian was in McGonagall's office every Friday for a check up on how he was doing in his path to becoming a Auror, even though he knew that being an Auror was something he no longer was interest in. He thought the meetings were a waste of time (for himself at least), though, it had made him wonder. What did the future hold?

"I've been meaning to ask you something."

"If this is going to be about you proposing to Draco then I don't need to hear about it." Voldemort drawled.

Hadrian shook his head, "Er- No, I was actually going to ask about when you planned on attacking the Ministry?"

His father had talked about his plan to attack the ministry. He'd spent the past three years since he came back regaining his power, growing his numbers, and planning for the final battle, one they would win.

"This year." The man said, "We have finally managed to secure a space of forest for the werewolves and have their full loyalty again. They will aid us in our attack, along with the Vampire clans."

"Isn't this year so soon though?" Hadrian asked, "I mean, so much has happened in the past two years, can't we just take a break for a bit?"

"We can take a break once we're done. The sooner the attack happens the better, and by the looks of things we might be able to manage it before Christmas."

"Why not during the summer?"

"Once this year at Hogwarts is up the Ministry will be flooded with young witches and Wizards looking for jobs. Magical blood will be spilt, and I wish for it to be as least as possible. If we attack near Christmas, most workers will be away on vacation, only the important ones will remain."

"So, me and Hadriel have two months to be ready to fight. Nice heads up." Hadrian muttered.

Voldemort sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I thought the upcoming war would have you exited?"

Hadrian shrugged, "I just want to be over with it all really, for everything to just be normal once in my life."

The man paused, not knowing exactly how to continue.

"When the war is over, and everything has been sorted out, it will be normal."

Hadrian nodded.

"Now I believe you should get back to school before it is discovered that you are gone. Not even Hadriel can cover up the fact that you have vanished."

Hadrian stepped into one of the ever present shadows back to Hogsmead, appearing in an alleyway. He and Hadriel still continued their train while at school, but since they didn't need to be training every day, they went one at a time every other Hogsmead weekend. He stepped out of the Alley way and into the town, heading towards the Three Broomsticks. He walked in and looked around, but he didn't see Hadriel anywhere in sight. With another destination in mind he left the shop and walked down the street, stepping into a bustling shop.