Series 2 Chapter 16

The Real Truth
Series 2 Chapter 16

Harry and Hermione walked into the dining room. It held a long rectangle table with only one seat at the head and as always, Voldemort occupied it. Harry noticed that the other inner circle members weren't here as they usually were, so it was just him, Voldemort, and Hermione. Harry took his regular seat to his father's left, while Hermione hesitantly sat down next to him.

"Is there a reason you two were not in your rooms earlier today or did you just decide to disappear at random?" Voldemort asked them.

Harry could feel Hermione glance at him, after all the years of being stared at he'd developed a seventh sense to tell when someone looked at him, and could sense her tense up next to him. He tapped her foot with his, letting her know it was ok. She relaxed a bit.

Voldemort raised an eyebrow at their silence, "Do not make me ask again."

Hermione gulped before speaking, "Harry and I went to Gringotts to get all of my memories back, like he had."

Harry could tell Hermione was getting tenser every moment that Voldemort went without replying. Harry knew that his father could tell this as well.

"What do you remember?"

Hermione was taken by surprise, but nonetheless answered. "Some magic lessons, lectures, the way around this place, mother's death....."

Voldemort closed his eyes and nodded while taking a breath.

"I also got a new wand." Hermione said, wanting to drive the subject away from their mother's death.

"What is it?"

"English chestnut. Unicorn Hair and Phoenix Feather."

"A good wand," Voldemort said slowly, "Good for both light and darker spells."

"I wish I had a more neutral wand." Harry said.

Voldemort raised an eyebrow at his son, he knew from watching him cast spells and practice duel with the brothers that the boy loved his wand.

"Why?"

"If I'm going to keep up the act of the 'Golden Boy' don't you think it would be weird for their savior to have such a dark wand?"

Hermione nodded, agreeing with her twin.
"About that.." She began, "Why do we even have to keep up appearances? I mean, before we would've been revealed in our first year of Hogwarts. Now it's our sixth."

Harry looked at his twin. Sure, she had a point, but Dumbledore could easily cast the killing curse at them and they'd be done.

"Hermione, one wave of Dumbledore's wand and we're dead." Harry told her.

"Yes, but he wouldn't dare do anything at school."

"What about Holidays? Summer? Need I remind you that he's our magical guardian and can easily make us stay somewhere during the summer so he can take us out?"

"He'd have to go through legal systems to do that, then everyone would know we were with him and our deaths would be pinned on him."