Series 2 Chapter 8

The Real Truth
Series 2 Chapter 8

It was Friday morning and Harry and Ron were currently in a game of wizards chess. Arthur had just left for work and Molly was making breakfast. Ginny and Hermione came down to help her out. As usual Ron won their game and soon everyone was sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Oh, by the way, Draco wants me to go over today at nine. Something about an event happening and he didn't want to be stuck with Pansy the whole time." Harry told them.

"What event?" Hermione asked.

Harry shrugged, "I dunno."

"I still don't understand why you see it fit to hang out with Malfoy's son." Molly said, her nose scrunching up as she did so.

Harry rolled his eyes. Molly and Arthur still didn't know.

"What don't you understand?" Harry asked, mock confusion.

"Ron always talks about how awful Malfoy jr. is. Knowing his parents I would assume him to me insufferable."

"He can be."

"Then why do you hang out with him."

"Draco's my mate."

Mrs. Weasley dropped the dish she was washing.

"Mother of Circe! I had no idea!"

Harry shrugged, "It's ok, I know how you guys have this whole family feud going on so I didn't really talk about it."

"Nine did you say?" Molly asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, you best be getting ready to go. If it's an event I doubt they will appreciate you arriving in muggle clothes."

Harry's eyes widened. He had no idea what kind of event it was nor how to dress for it. "Bloody hell..."

A knock came from the door.

"Ginny dear, could you answer that?"

Ginny nodded and made her way to open the door. When she did she froze.

"Ginny?" Mrs, Weasley asked.

Drying her hands, Molly made her way to the door.

"Hello." The cool voice of Lucius Malfoy was heard by all.

Harry's heart started beating faster. How did Lucius know he was here? Had Draco told him? If so did Voldemort know now too?

"Lucius." Molly spat. Her hatred for the man clear in her voice.

"I'm here to pick up Harry. Seeing as he doesn't know where the event is taking place." Lucius said with obvious fake politeness.

"Of course." Molly replied.

Harry made his way to the door. Lucius raised an eyebrow.

"You do not have your glamour up." He said.

"Yeah, they know." Harry replied.