Death's Gift

Harry sat in the drawing room of Grimuald Place. Ever since the battle of Hogwarts he'd felt off. It was almost a year now since he, Ron, and Hermione had set off on their Horcrux hunt. The reconstruction of Hogwarts had started up and Harry was doing all he could to help but the castle would never be the same.Sighing, Harry went to get dressed, he was supposed to be joining the Weasleys for lunch. Lately, Harry had been distancing himself from them. Not avoiding, just, distancing, from everyone. With the Weasleys it was just too awkward. First they lost Fred, then Harry had broken up with Ginny, and then Hermione called off her engagement to Ron. Harry was about to floo to the burrow when his front door flew open. Immediately on guard, even though only select people could enter his house since it was under a feildus charm, Harry spun around in a defensive stance.

"Harry! Oh thank Merlin you haven't left!" Hermione exclaimed through rough breaths.

Harry, still on guard, lowered his stance, "Hermione? What are you doing here?" He noted her heavy breathing, "And why are you out of breath?"

"I came to stop you from going to the Weasleys." She walked towards him.

"Why?" Harry asked her, honestly confused.

"They're manipulating you!" She burst out.

Hey everyone! Here's a sneak peak from the first chapter of my new fan fiction "Death's Gift". This is another Harry Potter fan fiction, (as you probably already guessed) but it is not a Drarry. I wanted to explore a different one of the many ships surrounding this book series, so I chose to do a different one. This story will NOT interfere with "The Real Truth" at all and I will continue updating it as always. I know that I have said I'd be doing another book before *cough cough* A Different Beginning *cough cough* but that book was just too far gone for me to save. "Death's Gift" will be updating randomly, just whenever I finish writing a chapter since I don't want it to interfere with this book as well as other things already going on in my life, but when this story does finish (I'm planing for it to be long but not so long that it just goes on forever) I will start updating on it more constantly. Now, the moment you've all been waiting for... (probably not)... the ship that will be featured in this story!

Tomarry/Harrymort

Hear me out! I know this ship may sound weird, I thought so too at first, but then I read a story that was a Tomarry/Harrymort and I fell in love with it. I know that these are two different ships but I'm combining the two so that instead of Voldemort being the big bad dark lord (Snake guy?) he's still Tom Riddle, but known to everyone as Voldemort, if that makes sense?

Anyway, if you're interested please go check it out! (If you're having trouble finding it by looking it up go to my profile and it will be on the list of my written books.) I will inset the description here but it will also be on the book, they're the same thing.

After the war Harry distances himself from everyone, feeling empty. He spends a year in solitude, only writing letters to communicate. When he's finally drawn from Grimuald Place by the Weasleys Hermione appears at his front door with urgent and unsettling news. She and Harry head to Gringots to find out what went wrong with his Vaults. Harry finds out that he was manipulated by Dumbledore and the Weasleys after seeing many unauthorized withdrawals made by the from the Potter family Vault. Death shows himself to Harry, who has been the Master of the Hallows for the past eight years, offering him a once in an afterlife opportunity.