Series 4 Chapter 13

The Real Truth
Series 4 Chapter 13

Hermione stretched and set down the book she had been reading.

Dark Arts: Advanced Spells and Incantations

She got up and left her room, heading down for dinner. She felt better then she had in years, walking with a new purpose. Her now shoulder length hair that just brushed her shoulders blew a bit with the pace that she was walking. Her outer robe bellowed out behind her and she strode through the halls of the Slytherin Manor. She walked into the dining room and took a seat next to Harry who was already there.

"Hermione?" He asked.

Hermione smiled at him, "The one and only."

"Why did you cut your hair? And since when do you just casually wear robes?"

"I'll tell you later, it's not really the type of thing to talk about at dinner."

Harry rolled his eyes, but let it go.

"You two look more identical then ever." Barty told them.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other.

'We kinda do since you cut your hair just like mine.'

'Yeah, I was going for that.'

'Why though? Not that I mind.'

'I already said I'd tell you later.'

Harry scoffed and turned away, Severus raised an eyebrow.

"Can you two not use your twin telepathy?" Draco asked.

"It's not twin telepathy. That doesn't exist." Hermione told him.

"Then how do you two explain what you just did?" Draco shot back.

"We can just tell what each other is thinking by looking at each other." Harry told him.

Draco rolled his eyes.

"Like how I can tell from just looking at Harry that you-"

Hermione's mouth kept moving, but no words came out. She glared at Harry who was smirking.

"Say anything and I'll bring up what I saw through the window."

Hermione shoved Harry's arm.

"I for one am very interested in what you both have to say." Rabastan said.

"I am as well." Rodolphus agreed.

"Perhaps you both should elaborate." Barty teased.

Hermione opened her mouth, but when nothing came out she looked over to Harry who waved his hand.

"Thanks." Hermione told him, she then turned to Barty, "On the contrary, neither me nor Harry has to elaborate. Draco can fill you in on both things, especially the first."

Harry held back a laugh, though it was glaring obvious. Draco's head spun around towards Hermione, his cheeks a very light pink, "Don't dare bring me into this Slytherin!" He snapped.