16

Smiles and Laughter;

Tw: Bulimia - Read with Caution!

"Okay and we'll make Amortentia and Draught in class, it'll get us higher marks," I said.

Malfoy and I were currently in the library, our fifth session of the week. They've all ended in us moving the books oh so generously for the librarian in the stacks.

Today I actually needed to get work done, he's not bad for company though. "Watch this," he whispered.

He formed a paper dragon and charmed it to fly over to a couple of third years. They screamed and ran out of the library which caused us both to fall into a fit of laughter.

"That was rude," I giggled as he fixed his hair. "Rude is my middle name," he winked.

I composed myself as I moved my hair out of my face, "You're not bad, you know. You're decent to be around."

His brow rose, "You didn't really know me to judge me." I nodded my head, knowing he had a point. "You were still a dick and barely smiled at me," I said.

"It's who I am," he smirked. I rolled my eyes as my eyes drifted down to our work. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked, wanting to know the thing that's been on my mind this long.

"Go on..." he said, leaning back into his chair as he waited for me to speak.

"Two things actually. One, why did you take me to my room the day of that DADA lesson?" His brows rose as he rubbed his chin slightly.

"Lupin asked. But I would've taken you anyway, your boggart really did something to you. Who was the guy?" He asked, making my heart stop.

There was no way I would tell him, nope. When my mum found me all those years ago, I couldn't even speak for a week. They had to dig through my memories which left my mother in an awful state for so long.

"He's some villain I saw in a muggle movie," I muttered quickly. "On to question two, the night of the Slytherin party, did you take me to my room after I passed out?" I asked, changing the subject quickly.

He chuckled slightly before nodding his head, his lips forming a sort of smile, "Yes."

"May I ask why?" I pushed as I leaned my head on my hands.

"I'm not a monster, Cole. If I left you there, someone could've done something to you," he said, his jaw clenching at his own words.

I brushed off his weird movements and nodded my head, understanding, "Well, thank you."

"I should head back, it's Friday after all," I chuckled, gathering my belongings.

"Same time tomorrow?"

I scratched my head slightly before shooting him a wink, "Let's see where the night takes us."

-

I entered my dorm to see Leona eating ice cream on her bed. I tried my best to not get bothered by the fact that she's eating on her clean sheets and go over to my side of the room.

"Where were you?" Leona asked as she wiped some ice cream off her face.

"With Malfoy in the library," I replied, pulling my hoodie off me.

Something has been off between Leona and I for the past week. Since that night she and Theo found me, she has barely talked to me.

"Again? Don't tell me you're feeling something for him," Leona snorted.

I gave her a weird look, "No no, I'm not. Even if I was is that an awful thing?"

"No, of course not. But I warned you when you came here about him, he's not relationship material," she hummed.

I rolled my eyes and jumped onto my bed, "I know and I'm not relationship material either. We just worked on our project, that's all."

She stared at me for a second before putting her bowl down and walking over to me. "I need to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me," she sternly stated.

I looked up and tilted my head, "Yes...?"

"Since you came here, you don't eat. You don't even drink anything at least not in front of us," she began, leaving an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"When Theo and I found you, you had vomit all over you and empty pie plates surrounding you."

I scoffed, "What are you implying?" She took in a deep breath and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Are you suffering from Bulimia?"

I laughed at her idiotic words, "What? God no."

"Alora, I know an eating disorder when I see one," she said, sitting down onto my bed.

"Good for you because clearly, you're seeing wrong," I muttered before walking over to the bathroom.

I heard her footsteps following me, "Oh yeah? Prove it. Finish my Ice Cream."

I turned around to see she's holding her bowl out in front of me. "Finish it, go on," she pushed as she shoved it in my face.

I glared at her, "I don't like Ice Cream." She scoffed before taking a scoop and waving her spoon in my face, "Just one, Alora."

I shook my head before shoving past her, heading for the door. "So you are bulimic, I knew it," she scoffed.

"Good for you, so what? You're going to go tell the headmistress so she can go tell my mum? I don't need to see any more healers, I don't need any more fucking therapy," I yelled, tears brimming in the corner of my eyes.

"Alora, I don't want to tell anyone. I want to help you," she spoke softly.

"Help me? What could you possibly help me with? No offence but you eat pretty well for someone who thinks they can help me," I scoffed.

I've dealt with many healers in the past 5 years. Many muggle therapists as well. Nothing works, all of this is caused by the trauma that built up when it happened.

"I can help you, Alora. I know how-"

I cut her off by opening the door but I turned around to face her, "You don't know me, you know nothing about me. You couldn't help me even if you could. I don't need or want your help, Leona."

She blinked at me a couple of times. "Tell anyone and you will be sorry," I snapped and slammed the door shut.

I walked down the hall, biting my nails anxiously as I reached Theo's door. Knocking on it twice, he finally opened it.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice filled with worry. 

"Can I chill here for a bit before we head over to Atlas'?" He instantly nodded his head and opened his door for me to enter. 

You'd think knowing my past, I would be terrified to step foot in a room with a guy I barely knew alone. But Theo isn't anything like what I've dealt with, he's a respectful guy who knows his boundaries.

I'd trust him with anything...

-

What do you guys think is the cause of Alora's trauma and all of that? Drop your ideas :)